43 days to go!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
edited March 2021 in Social Groups
Happy Friday!

Hope everyone is doing well today :)

I didn't end up running or doing a workout video yesterday, but I did get a second coat of paint up in the spare bedroom so there's that. I'm trying to get some projects done inside while the weather is sh!tty so I can focus on the barn once it starts getting nicer. I haven't ridden in several days b/c of the rain and wind. Mostly the wind! Holy hell...the wind! All the trees that were damaged during the ice storms have been self-pruning with the 50+ mph gusts!

It looks like today will be decent so I plan to run after my counseling session this morning. It's been too many days since I've run and my 10k is next Saturday! I feel really stiff and sore today (from painting?) so I'll make sure to do some serious stretching after the run. As usual, the goal is to drink a lot of water, think of food as fuel and log everything!

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Paree, in December 2019 I got super disappointed in my scale progress so in January 2020 I went on LetGo (they just fused with another sell-your-stuff app, only I can’t think of the name) looking for an indoor bike. There were lots then and I did the stupid thing and chose the cheapest one ($40) no screen or anything. By the time I realized my mistake, pandemic started and there were no bikes available, so I’m stuck with this one for another year. Oh well.
    Truth is I’m not that athletically inclined, nor very competitive and if I focus only on exercising, I’ll get bored and not very consistent, so watching TV took that out of my hands.
    Now with the TV- I used to watch anything except scary movies or with too much adult scenes, but my sleep has been so bad this past year that I changed to watch easy stuff. Series: Doc Martin, Gilmore Girls and now I’m season 15 in Grey’s Anatomy, and eyeing Ally McBeal. Lame, I know😁
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    My daughter’s Let’s Dance for Switch arrived yesterday, and she promptly challenged me. Their definition of easy is so different then mine- 30 minutes in and I had 3 glasses of water and shed my sweater, but it was so much fun.
    The dog was so confused 😁
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    Did not get in all my water yesterday or walk but otherwise I think things went well. Going for the same goals today. So glad it's Friday.

@GabiV125 not lame at all that's a quality stress relieving line up
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 I love doing those dance games! Great exercise! Hilarious about the dog. LOL.
    I'll probably hold off on a bike or treadmill until next winter, but I'm with you, exercising in front of the tv is not a bad way to go.
  • taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Worked out with my trainer today, it was another tough workout, but felt great when I completed the workout.

I never worked out in front of the tv prior to the shutdown, but I really started to love it. There are so many different workouts to do depending on what you want to do that day.

@GabiV125 I was doing my PT exercises yesterday, which involved hopping around, and my puppy thought I was playing and kept trying to bite my feet. Let's just say that my exercises ended quickly.