What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    @oh_jackie lol okay sweet thank u. Ill get myself a measuring tape. How often do u do ur measurements? Xox
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity I usually take my measurements once a week :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri
    I use Insight Timer & Simple Habit apps. I’ve found if I hear a voice taking , it keeps my
    Mind from chattering away...and I fall asleep. Boring instructional videos work too.

Taking 3 very deep breaths or more tells our bodies/minds that all is ok. Lately I realized it was caused by my being concerned about letting my guard down & not letting
    Myself relaxing. So sometimes now I tell myself “it’s safe to relax now & rest”
    Surprisingly it’s worked!
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @KCJen
    I have issues with my feet and knees so do not run. However, I'm a huge proponent of going to a running store like @mshawski suggested. I do that for the shoes I walk in. They make sure the shoes fit and check my walking gait to make sure I'm in the right shoes. Last time, they added an arch support to help. I walk with no foot pain at the moment.

@Jane2285 and @MadisonMolly2017
    I put my why's in the introduce yourself thread this morning before I saw this. It does make a huge difference. I have discovered that even though I only had one or two glasses of wine in the evening, it was affecting everything. This month, I'm cutting it way down.

I'm taking in a lot less calories every day and a couple glasses of alcohol can be anywhere between a tenth and a fifth of my intake depending on the day. That would mean I'm not getting the nutrients I need to feed my body. If I drink alcohol (especially late in the day), my sleep is less restful, my energy level is lower, etc. So I have cut back because I was just struggling to find the energy to finish my days while trying to lose weight.

Some tricks you can try ... for every beer, have at least the same amount of water. It'll help you process it out of your system. Don't drink within 3 hours of your bedtime. Try quitting for a few days and see if you notice a difference in how you feel like I did.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Yes, boring podcasts work! I've worked my way through the history of the Aztecs, Khmers, Chinese dynasties, Ottomans ... Trouble is, they get into my dreams, so I had my 10-year-old granddaughter speaking perfect Mandarin in a dream yesterday...
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity

I have the Fitbit aria scale and it does BMI and body fat then stores data for future reference I have had mine for about 5 years only had to change the battery I found it to be a good Investment and if others use you only see your data no one else’s.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Yes, boring podcasts work! I've worked my way through the history of the Aztecs, Khmers, Chinese dynasties, Ottomans ... Trouble is, they get into my dreams, so I had my 10-year-old granddaughter speaking perfect Mandarin in a dream yesterday...

@Chinkiri hahhahaaaa 🤣🤣

I do craft videos... “Now, mix a little of your blue ultramarine.... not too much... using your number 6 brush... let’s see brand name is.... Princeton’s silver .... I get mine at Michael’s but you might be able to get it at hobby lobby... now make a watery mix of your bluish red...💤💤💤💤

🤣
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Cool thanks @oh_jackie xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @snowshoe072 wow thats awesome! That combined with taking my measurements wld be perfect! Thanks for that! Xox
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MadisonMolly2017! I'll look for even more boring podcasts!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @SModa61

I listened to the podcast this morning very insightful and I am considering making a few changes in my routine. Maybe this is my stuck at a particular weight range. I need to think about increasing the resistance work and possibly increasing some good calorie choices that’s the slippery slope but it may be worth a try. Thanks for sharing along with @Mrs_Hoffer.
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    New NSVs that are really too fun so I have to share. I know I can't be the only person working on this that has someone who lives with them also tagging along. For me, it is my mother.

Mom has typically weighed less than me ... difference in muscle mass, but looks heavier than me. It's all a function of her years. There are regular doctor visits for her that come with maintenance meds, etc. I'm sure you all know the story. Since I have told her what I am working on, she has come along with me. She exercises every day but does not track her calories. She just tags along with what I do, eating mostly what I eat, just different amounts.

Today, Mom saw a doctor she hasn't seen since maybe last October. She's lost about 15 pounds since then. The nurse and then the doctor saw her and both were incredibly impressed with what she has been able to do losing weight. The visit was very favorable and Mom had fun watching their jaws drop.

For me...that size smaller pants I celebrated a little more than a month ago are big on me and I went down a size in underwear. Who knew?
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017
    Our body is a wonderful creation willing to go through everything we might imagine to ourselves. I was 48 when I thought that running could be a good thing for us both-- And we did it from the couch to half-marathon -- And then I was still a chain smoker--- A cigarette instead of warm-up and 2 cigarettes for cooling-down :( Sad...
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life love this, just wat im sure alot of us need to be reminded of. Thank u for sharing. @fractaltiger wat an amazing influence u hve been on ur mother!!! Thats so awesome! @MadisonMolly2017 ur hubby sounds so sweet and supportive! @MizSpiffy i also listen to half size me and just love her! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Can i get a bit more info as to how u all handle pass days. I thought i had my eating under control, i was doing sooooo great with habits and routine but had one planned pass day which turned into 5 unplanned pass days. How do u guys keep it under control? And do u guys put a calorie limit on ur pass day? Xox