Myfitnesspal app continues not to sync with my fitnit versa 2

Options
raeannhuf
raeannhuf Posts: 10 Member
Why does myfitnesspal app not record the correct steps, I am constantly connecting and re-connecting my fitbit
I shouldn't have to do this several times a day

Replies

• christybean1
    christybean1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same with my Charge 4! I can usually find a solution, even if it's onerous, but this time I'm not able to fix it despite trying everything under the sun
  • Drummerette
    Drummerette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah. When I first connected it yesterday it worked fine, but it refuses to connect properly now.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Versa user here, with the same problem.
  • MarianH23
    MarianH23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    raeannhuf wrote: »
    Why does myfitnesspal app not record the correct steps, I am constantly connecting and re-connecting my fitbit
    I shouldn't have to do this several times a day

I have the same problem with my Versa3. Nothing but problems for several days now :(
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I now can't disconnect Fitbit from MFP, and it's discounted my self inputted exercises into MFP... Ive getting so fed up of this.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,632 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to not keep connecting and disconnecting... but to wait for a day or two after one of the reconnections...

log out of all apps (on phone) and websites via every browser you use==actively log out.

do the disconnect / reconnect thing (which I haven't done in 4+ years at this point; i just wait it out and it repairs itself) in only ONE device. I would personally do it on a computer and browser... if phone only then there is little option but to do it on the phone :lol:

LET IT BE for a day or two.

<that's what I would do. then I would start squealing for tech support which probably already has a statement saying there exist random interruptions randomly and that the magic cloud gods are working on it!>
  • sportsmom1219
    sportsmom1219 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am constantly having to reconnect my Charge 3 to MFP account. It is really annoying.
  • raeannhuf
    raeannhuf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a premium member with MFP and I have a Fitbit Versa, the whole reason I did all this was to see how many calories I'm burning with exercise, swimming etc. And the two things have not been syncing together for almost a week. Very frustrated. Whats the point if I have to manually enter in everything
  • SweetW1ll
    SweetW1ll Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same problem with my Charge4. Can't get it to sync at all
  • ProteusBoomy
    ProteusBoomy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been trying to sync my Fitbit Sense to MFP but no luck. Very annoying!
  • ameach1758
    ameach1758 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes... I joined this group because my MFP app cannot seem to receive data from Fitbit (Versa 2 here) when syncs happen, even though the Fitbit app is receiving data from MFP just fine about my food logging. Every once in a while, after I’ve gone through what feels like 20 steps disconnecting, reconnecting, waiting 15 minutes multiple times etc... somewhere in there my steps will magically appear. Then, the very next day, it’s like I have taken zero steps again. I guess I could take advice above to try with one device and then let everything be for 2-3 days — but when I’m trying to use MFP coordinated with Fitbit to gauge my calorie intake every day — that kind of defeats the point. Feels very frustrating. If there’s some magic solution like “turn something off, then on” — no matter of I understand why, I’d do it! :0D I just don’t want to have to go through 20 tech troubleshooting steps a day to do what I thought the apps were supposed to do as a main purpose together. I just began using this app again in the past week or so - I saw there was a general Fitbit integration message but that appears to say issues have been worked out. I am looking for further instruction, or the least onerous workaround that gets the sync to work properly in the shortest amount of time, so I can use the information together every day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ameach1758 wrote: »
    Yes... I joined this group because my MFP app cannot seem to receive data from Fitbit (Versa 2 here) when syncs happen, even though the Fitbit app is receiving data from MFP just fine about my food logging. Every once in a while, after I’ve gone through what feels like 20 steps disconnecting, reconnecting, waiting 15 minutes multiple times etc... somewhere in there my steps will magically appear. Then, the very next day, it’s like I have taken zero steps again. I guess I could take advice above to try with one device and then let everything be for 2-3 days — but when I’m trying to use MFP coordinated with Fitbit to gauge my calorie intake every day — that kind of defeats the point. Feels very frustrating. If there’s some magic solution like “turn something off, then on” — no matter of I understand why, I’d do it! :0D I just don’t want to have to go through 20 tech troubleshooting steps a day to do what I thought the apps were supposed to do as a main purpose together. I just began using this app again in the past week or so - I saw there was a general Fitbit integration message but that appears to say issues have been worked out. I am looking for further instruction, or the least onerous workaround that gets the sync to work properly in the shortest amount of time, so I can use the information together every day.

The Fitbit integration message actually says that users may experience sync issues throughout 2021 while MFP works on the issue.
  • harborside24
    harborside24 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I found this group! My Versa 2 stopped syncing correctly last Friday, and it's driving me crazy. The correct number of steps and exercises are not syncing to MFP, and my negative calorie adjustment just keeps growing! I have tried everything suggested by Fitbit and MFP, and nothing is working. I hope they fix this issue soon before I throw my Versa 2 in the trash!
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone. MFP hasn't been synching with my charge 2 for more than a week. I can sometimes force sync, but disconnecting and reconnecting the app. But that doesn't always work. It's obvs an issue. Would be good if they fixed it ...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I found this group! My Versa 2 stopped syncing correctly last Friday, and it's driving me crazy. The correct number of steps and exercises are not syncing to MFP, and my negative calorie adjustment just keeps growing! I have tried everything suggested by Fitbit and MFP, and nothing is working. I hope they fix this issue soon before I throw my Versa 2 in the trash!

Even without the sync, you still have all the functionality on your Fitbit, the details of your steps and exercise are all still available on the Fitbit app. Why would you throw your Fitbit away over this?