It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiday Cuppa Joe 3.26.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"I want to be able to say that I contributed more than I criticized." - Brene Brown

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

All vax'd! Arm sore. Headache most of the day. But I account that to work!

Took today off. Head back to my old job on Monday. It was clear that my management style and the detail I was serving were not working - they needed to be puffed up and needed a yes man. Sometimes you need to manage bad news - but this messenger got shot in the process. So it goes. 31 years in gov't - I've never seen such insidiousness.

Can't wait for date night tomorrow - a new table to farm fresh place with outdoor seating pods.

Scale is cooperating this week. Hope it continues through tomorrow.

TGIF!
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Sam, I'm grinning at your plant-splurging plans while DW is otherwise occupied. You rebel! Create a beautiful, lush masterpiece! I can't wait to see pictures!
    Kelly, your screen #5 intrigues me!
    Steph, I hope you're feeling well today, and all rested up.
    Mary, those were some pretty wise words yesterday about speaking and being silent. I'm better at it than I used to be, but not all the way learned yet, either. My hubby has always been a bit of a base to my acid ... he errs on the side of diplomacy and allowance, where I've erred on the other side (what to call it? Control issues? Rashness? Dictatorship? Superiority?) . Together we might just have a nice middle ground. :)
    Lee, when the new deck is here you can come hang out on it. That would be fun! The guys will be back today to work some more. (which should be interesting because I'm subbing a virtual this morning)

I get to do the message Sunday night, and I'm getting excited about it. Back in November, before we closed again for COVID, I'd done a panel discussion. I'd wanted to do those for years at this service, but the current pastor wasn't on board about them. When we finally did it, it went really well! So, starting this month, I'll be leading one each month, based on the step (of the 12 steps) that corresponds with that month, plus the Bible. For this week, I have 3 really strong people on the panel, people with incredible stories, and the discussion topic is "Step 3: Trusting God (when it's hard)". I'm doing one of my original songs in the music portion, too ... one I wrote during COVID, that speaks to that topic. I hope it all goes well!

• steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Lisa that sounds like a great platform for you. Congrats in making it happen.

Up early for our bike ride as the maintenance needs in our apartment at 10 and we want to be here since everything we own is here. I don't feel great but I never do if an alarm wakes me.

Didn't get the Georgia housesit. :(
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Almost ruined my shotgun yesterday shooting steel shot through choke tubes not intended for that use. There is a back order of shot shells due to some kind of COVID issue with manufacture or import of primer parts. So I have had to resort to shooting waterfowl loads during dog training. Stupidly, I should have change my chokes to wide open, so my tighter upland choke got deformed and almost wouldn't extract when it finally occurred to me what I was doing.

Hope that is OK going back to your old job, Skip. I can sympathize.

Lisa, you are the message! Positive energy, hope, belief, all in a highly fashionable package.

We are going to start letting clients back in to the facility with their pets soon. Once DW and I are vaxed up. We have a couple of staff that say they don't believe in getting vaccinated. Oh well, can't force them.

BBB OP ;-)

• louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

You might not be able to force them, Lee, but they don't have the right to endanger staff or customers. Tell them to get vaccinated or find another place of employment. Stupidity has always been grounds for termination.

We met a woman with a 9-month old English Springer, while walking, yesterday. The dog was so friendly, so cute, that DW now says that perhaps we don't have to get a Golden Retriever. LOL. Too bad Babe is in Connecticut, 3,000 miles away.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    I would like to take that approach, Dave. Labor laws says we can't do that to an existing employee.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good Morning

I'm already knee deep in emails trying to explain to my int'l customer that they need to send two UPS Air labels, since their order is two boxes total/one order value, for customs.... they don't get it. You can lead a horse.... right

Lisa, the work you are doing is wonderful, those that have you on their recovery journey are truly blessed.

Lee, hopefully your gun will be fine, good thing you realized it. Hows Babe doing ?

It's lent, palm Sunday, then Easter soon. Spring! I'm hopeful for better times awaiting us the rest of this year and beyond this. I think back to last year at this time. We were scrambling for toilet paper, hand soap and groceries. Being told to stay home, and was band from leaving our county and going to our lake property. So too many lives lost, since. I have much to thank God for.

Thoughts and prayers to the southerners that have experienced the tornados last night, Devastation.

Skip, you'll be fine and likely much happier for it. Their loss. Remind me what/where your old job is?

Steph, hopefully the perfect fit will fall right into place for your next stay. If you by any chance get our way, our home is open. There's some conversion camper vans for sale now I see online, maybe folks need the money...??? Ever think about going back to that plan?

Kelly I bet you have your patio all set up?! When you coming back to Wisconsin?

I'm still looking for a used popup camper to add to the fleet. It's like a needle in a haystack. With this pandemic, the non-campers, turned into campers and inventory is low. The one ad on craigslist was a scammer lol. I asked for more photos and he asked for email addy, that brought on three long paragraphs from him explaining the camper and the deal " Just deposit your money and "ebay" will deliver said camper anywhere I want. ummmmm, yea ok. Do you take bitcoin? LOL . instead of going back to ream him, I blocked him and didn't even reply. See, sometimes, less is better :smile: . Why even waste my time with that joker. Funny, his ad disappeared off craigs list, as soon as I got his email.

Happy Friday! Be well and safe!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    31 years government over 50 soon do we hear retirement, I went from 29 years private to government; no one liked management or work style. I always put work first and social second, several grievances filed against me. One of department heads told me I needed to comply no one liked anyone who was always right. Glad to be retired.
    Awakened by great lighting show and heavy rains, now just cloudy
    Lisa you are truly inspiring and yes many of our spouses offset us
    Sorry you did not get GA gig we were looking forward to a hookup
    I can understand some not wanting vaccines, no one knows long term effects of vaccine; back in 50's it was very common to give a radiation shot for X-rays; in 80's folks starting having liver cancer. We use to think asbestos was a great insulator and used in many products then we learned it causes lung cancer. No one can say what we may learn about vaccine 30 years from now, of course I doubt I'll be around to worry about it.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.
    • Glad to hear the sun is shining a bit brighter in your world today Skip. I can only imagine the 'fun' you are going through. As Sam mentioned yesterday we can see you as a full time professor. I am sure you have the sport coat with elbow patches all ready.
    • I wish I could catch your service Lisa. I am sure it will be inspiring.
    • I'm bummed Steph. You would have liked Blairsville and I would have liked getting together.
    • Ammo and everything that goes into it is in short supply Lee. Major topic of discussion at our Sportsman's Club. Our Friday shooting trip was rained out today.
    • Speaking of rain. We were spared any damage. Some not too far away weren't so lucky.
    • I'm a firm believer in better living through modern chemistry.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Nothing to report. Ds1 and his gf coming home tonight. Very quick weekend.
    He will be back next weekend as well for a wedding he’s in.

Lisa you’ll give a beautiful message I’m sure.

Lee, good thing you didn’t ruin the shotgun. We have ample ammunition here.