Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"This April I Will.." Newcomers Start Here

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,310 Member
    @texasgardnr that’s some amazing accomplishment! Cue the Rocky theme music. 🎶
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    Began March 24

Mar 24-31 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
    April 1-10 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
    April 11-16 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!! Let’s make the MOST of them!
    💕
    Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,060 Member
    It looks like some great months my friends!!! Really nice to see all the stars and weight lifting and tracker.

Hard to believe only 2 more weeks left in April. wow. I have gotten my eye exam scheduled for next Friday and I will do blood work the following week (for my endo appt in May). And then in May I have endo and dental cleaining scheduled. A lot of the not so fun stuff seems to be coming first but that's ok. I still see a lot of virus here so I am not really gung ho (even vaccinated) to do some of the other stuff which is just flufff (like mani/pedi). Rescheduled my mammo and thyroid us to later in June. I did feel my lymph nodes puff up like puffer fish the 2nd day but now they are shrunk back down to tiny rocks so I suspect that the 4-6 week CDC guideline on mammograms is probably a good schedule. I think it's funny that I notice lymph nodes as I sincerely doubt many people do or even register that it is a reaction. I had a knotted in my groin years ago for a long long time and even the dr did not figure out why but now I suspect the trigger was probably weeks before. Our bodies really are amazing factories when you think about it.

I hope they figure out the clotting thing with the vaccines. It reminds me WAY too much of the clotting issue with the Covid19 itself so that tells me (just musing) that maybe part of the immune reaction to the vaccine is similar to what those same folks might have had with Covid as well. That is what is so scary about this dang thing. So many different ways it effects people. And each person always thinks their OWN experience is the right one. Like my favorite parable of the blind men and the elephant.
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Hello,

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a nice start.

I am happy and excited to report that I have been successfully back on my plan since returning from vacation. In the past I have often struggled with getting back in the groove even after a planned exception to my diet (like a special event or vacation) so this is a major victory for me! Woohoo!

My awesome husband grabbed me a sugar free iced coffee after his trip to Lowe's this morning.

j3in05hca3wp.jpg

• MadisonMolly2017
    angelic843 wrote: »
    Hello,

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a nice start.

I am happy and excited to report that I have been successfully back on my plan since returning from vacation. In the past I have often struggled with getting back in the groove even after a planned exception to my diet (like a special event or vacation) so this is a major victory for me! Woohoo!

My awesome husband grabbed me a sugar free iced coffee after his trip to Lowe's this morning.

j3in05hca3wp.jpg

Hey @angelic843 !

Great to hear from you & with such super news! 🏅🌟🎉 What a thoughtful, supportive husband!!!

CONGRATULATIONS🥁🎖🏆
    Getting back on track after a planned exception is the hardest thing for many of us!

How did you do it? Any tips for the rest of us?!!

I’d love to learn from you!

Enjoy your week!
    Maddie 💕
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    77tes wrote: »
    @texasgardnr what an awesome habit! Brilliant!

I completely agree! I love your new habit, @texasgardnr!
  • themedalist
    I’ve been seeing how vital “easy” is in building new habits. At least in my life. About a month ago I got an air fryer. Usually I am not one to go out and get a trendy appliance (the rice cooker notwithstanding). But an air fryer was pretty appealing because I love roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables like brussels sprouts and cauliflower. I don’t make roasted vegetables in my oven because the high temperature sets off our hypersensitive smoke detector. Realizing this, before the smoke detector can alarm, our hypersensitive dog completely falls apart when the oven gets turned on. It’s just not a winning situation.

But I also realized there was another obstacle to eating more roasted vegetables: the prep time to wash and cut them. I have a two person household and my husband isn’t keen on vegetables. Purchasing a whole head of cauliflower realistically means half of it will spoil before I can use it all. And while of course I CAN wash and cut these vegetables for roasting, the reality is I WON’T. The intellectual side of my brain cannot convince the habitual side of my brain to get in the habit of doing this prep work. The habitual me wants something easier. It wants pre-cut ready to use bagged vegetables.

And that’s what I’ve been doing, taking the easier path. I’ve had roasted vegetables about three times a week over the last month and I’ve noticed I’m a lot less hungry because they’re so filling.

I bring this up because habits researcher Dr. Wendy Wood says we are all two people. We have an intellectual self and we have a habitual self. According to Dr. Wood, most of us never adopt the routines and practices we know we should and want to because we lean too heavily on our intellectual self. Sure, cutting vegetables only takes a few minutes. But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

To me, nothing gets over an obstacle to building a new habit more effectively than making it easier.
  • SummerSkier
    @themedalist I 100% agree. For the past few years I have been buying bagged broccoli and cauliflower steam in bag and using those for my lunch. I also get shelled edemame to microwave. It takes me about 5 minutes to prep 2 lunches that way and is definitely a TON easier. Sometimes (shh) I even buy those pre boiled and shelled eggs. You are right that the time saved is probably NOT significant but the mental time and the ease makes it a lot more likely I will continue to keep veggies on the menu. For dinner I use the prewashed spinach for my salad. A tub is good for 2 days.

So glad that taking the easier path is working well for you.

Summer
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    yes! Yes! yes!

@SummerSkier and @themedalist

Keep it simple. We (and our health) are ALL worth the extra expense of pre-cut, pre-bagged, pre-cooked, and pre-portioned products.

My thrifty nature has to be reminded of that sometimes.

I find I do better at eating my baby carrots when I buy the ones that come in snack packs...with the pre-portioned hummus cups.

Its the little things I suppose. LOL

Angela
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Great idea @Summerskier! I just started wearing my necklaces again a week ago! You are right! It DOES make a difference❣️
  • SummerSkier
    today's fun.
    I think I bought these dangly colorful ones at a Spencers in a mall in Dallas in the 80's. Cheap but I have always loved their bling.

zu0f31jiyb1z.png
  • themedalist
    Very pretty, @SummerSkier! And wow, I haven’t thought of Spencer’s in years. Thanks for jolting my memory!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,651 Member
    @SummerSkier Love your new bling! The colors are my favorites 😍 Wearing earrings makes my day feel more complete😄 In fact, Native American spirit earrings were the first purchase I made on our trip. We had wonderful luck🙂. (Possible coincidence😂). Later I realized I have 2 shirts, a pillow, and a quilt pattern with the same design.
  • SummerSkier
    how fun! Today I had more dangles.... and my rings... Picture of the design @nebslp ? Welcome home!

50oc64a2j5fv.png
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Began March 24

Mar 24-31 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
    April 1-10 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
    April 11-16 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
    April 17-21 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

9 Days Left!! Let’s make the MOST of the rest of April!!

💕
    Maddie

• nebslp
    I’m seeing stars👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 @MadisonMolly2017 🥳🤩. @SummerSkier dangles are the best! Dangles plus sparkles even better than best😂 Picture of my Spirit Dancers coming...maybe tomorrow.

6 hours on the bleachers at a jr high track meet in “feels-like” 52 degrees, 20+ mph wind, a few raindrops, and a minute of two of weak sunshine was exhausting and I’m off to bed. I will spend 10 min or so of quiet time with no distractions before hitting it.
  • nebslp
    Spirit dancer earrings and accessories pics coming up. I didn’t look for my quilt pattern but I’ll have to dig it out soon. I don’t buy the same pattern on purpose, but apparently it’s a favorite of mine since I worked with little Apache kids in 2013-2014.
    2tastxctka8i.jpeg
    j37qr0otcr50.jpeg
  • nebslp
    Getting photos to go where and how I want them has taken up much of my day. Fail! Fail! Fail! Oh well, there’s always tomorrow to try again. The story behin the earrings is that I was looking at a huge selection in a Native American store. They were all pretty expensive. I told the clerk I could spend around $25 and these were the first ones she picked out for me☺️ Perfect!

I’m still trying to be aware of my feelings and how they affect my anxiety. I’ve been quite relaxed for the past week so I think getting ready for my trip had me in a tizzy. I’d wake up with a racing heart that wouldn’t slow down. It hung around the 80 range for several days which was upsetting so that didn’t help. I got winded a lot on the trip at first because I’m so out of shape. Only 1 out of 4 of us made it to the “top” of a mountain. Keeping up with regular exercise sure makes a difference. Starting a workout routine tomorrow...and probably tearing my hair out over photo organization again.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @nebslp Good luck with your workout routine! Nice earrings!

I decided to tackle our boxes of photos/sentimental paper items today. My hope was to be ruthless & cut the volume down by 1/4 to 1/3.

I ended up tackling 2 boxes of memorabilia of an extended family trip to many many countries. I had worked on many days when we began this challenge in February, trying to figure out what was there and locating & getting better folders (expandable pockets) - one for each country.

I got going on it today, then had a really fun time, and then was so close to breaking the back of the job that I continued.I have one small pile that I need to translate to identify the correct countries.

I think the rest of this will go much faster!