26 days to go!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
Good morning :)

I ended up not running yesterday, but did ride 2 horses and got a TON of stuff done around the house and farm. Everything is always so time-consuming around here because things never go as planned and we really have no idea what we're doing. LOL. Every time something breaks or needs some kind of maintenance, it takes us at least 3 times as long as it would a pro because we're completely winging it. So many trips to the hardware store, back and forth hoping we have the right parts. We always want to call the owners of this place to get things done and then we remember that we are the suckers who bought this place! Reminds me of the movies Funny Farm and The Money Pit. :#

I will head out early this morning to get the run in that I missed yesterday and go to the store to stock up on veggies. I'll be riding one horse and clipping another (basically giving him a shave because he looks like a wooly mammoth and is getting too hot on these really warm spring days). I'll probably spend some time this afternoon on my mower...it's kinda like meditation for me :smile:

Happy Monday, ladies! Hope it's a great day with lots of small (or huge) victories <3

Replies

• Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    @3greyhorses I never knew horses got haircuts. ๐Ÿค” have a good meditative mow. ๐Ÿ˜„ You guys are very brave to take on a farm.

Decent today ๐Ÿ‘Œ. I was worried about today because it was suppose to be a really hectic day at work but it wasn't too bad. Got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a year due to covid. Got my fruit and veg in and drank a good amount of water at work. Just have to walk, eat under calories, and drink a little more yet. Keep pressing on.
  • 3greyhorses
    3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Katebook309yahoocom940 some of them get haircuts to avoid getting overheated when they work hard. Yesterday's clip job did not go well....my blades were too dull for all of his hair so he ended up like this
    :Dfyca993qhowh.png