A food addict just starting the road to recovery

Options
DsOrangeWife
DsOrangeWife Posts: 49 Member
Hello. My name is Amz and I'm a food addict. It took me a long time to understand this and realize I'm not a person who can eat in moderation without mindful effort. I have been successful in weight loss in the past, but my emotional eating habit has worsened substantially over the last two years. I do not have people in my life to talk to about my compulsive eating or struggles I'll have on my weight loss journey so tonight I decided to join a few groups to see if I can find what I'm lacking online - a group of understanding individuals to mutually share encouragement and support.

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Hi, Amz! I didn't used to think food was an addiction but I've come around. And it's a nasty one because you can't just give it up cold turkey. At least not altogether. I have managed to stop drinking calories and have stuck to that but I do still long for some of my favorite foods.
  • evelinford422
    evelinford422 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Amz, I think this is a wonderful idea to share encouragement and support. I like to be part of it. My problem is comfort food and mindless eating. I caught myself hiding a cookie from my husband and eating it secretly without him seeing it. Of course I regretted the calories later.