Humpday Cuppa Joe 4.7.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"I want to be able to say that I contributed more than I criticized." - Brene Brown

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'morning~

BASEBALL is back! Nail biter home opener for Nat's yesterday - but we pulled out a win.

Sorry to have missed my weekly meeting as a result.

Last night was election of our VFW Officers online. Amazingly, our enterprise continues to flourish DESPITE COVID #'s and we received All-American designation for the fourth straight year.

Hope everything in IN is resuming normalcy. Sorry. If I see my Mom once a year and talk once more throughout the year, its been a good year. (not sure this helps the issue).

SGM - hope you had a great hike yesterday!

Our dishwasher blew! Ugh! $390 for parts. Should just buy a new one! Ugh......

Tonight is class. Gonna be a late day. On the bright side - my 1/2 sister enrolled to go back to school at 45! Proud of her!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good morning, BBB!

A very dear friend of mine went into labor about an hour ago with her 2nd baby boy ... I'm so excited for her! I'm sure she'd love a prayer or 2 or 3. He's a big boy, and they had a scheduled c-section for tomorrow morning. It looks like it will be moved up a bit. I'll stop by the store between workshops today to get something to cook for her.

Dd20's been such a doll this week hanging out with me while Jim is gone. He's not had the best travelling experience ... it turns out that most of the airport restaurants are either totally closed or on very limited hours, and he ended up going almost 2 days with nearly no food. The mama bear in me is LIVID. But, he finally found a salad last night in New York. Now for the next few days he'll be in one place (Albany), so hopefully things will calm down a bit until he comes home.

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Poor Jim!! Glad he found a salad. Enjoy your dd lisa.

Things here are ok. Nothing née. Friends coming over for dinner tonight. I’m grilling out. It’s supposed to be about 80 degrees!! I’ll be home shortly after noon to get a lot of stuff done that needs to be tended to.

Make it a marvelous day!!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I had a great hike, yesterday. My legs felt surprisingly fit. All the walking DW and I do (we have only missed 4 days in 2021) has had a positive effect, even for the climbing. The sun was out, the views were amazing, it was fantastic. Covered 14.2 miles, with 2,632 feet of vertical. Best part: I started hiking at 7:45 and didn't see another soul until noon. I love that isolation.

I found a sunny rock to sit and eat my lunch.

omy9j4lamurz.jpg
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Beautiful sunny day, trees leafing out, flowers blooming
    80's today gonna make me turn air on way too soon
    Yoga this morning then planting in yard and garden
    Life is what we make it - Think Positive
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • DW is on her way home. Successful trip, a lot accomplished.
    • What is this baseball thing you speak of Skip? I don't believe they allow us Southerners to participate.
    • Dave, I have a friend who is on the Appalachian trail now. He and another friend started two years ago. Had to take 2020 off because of the evil virus but they are back in VA hoping to make ME before the end of this year.
    • Got to spend a little time with Ms. Lisa yesterday afternoon. Always an inspiration.
    • May Jim find 3 meals a day in Albany.
    • I better go. I have a house to clean.