14 days to go!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
2 WEEKS until May 1st!!!!

I did the weigh-in yesterday and it was depressing. I am fat and have little muscle mass. I already knew this, but it's hard to see it on paper as a beautiful, young and completely fit trainer stands there telling me what I need to work on. UGH! Why is it so hard for me to be in the kind of shape I want to be in? I haven't been running or lifting weights or eating the kind of diet it takes to get even close to what that trainer looks like. I know, I know, it's her job to be at the gym working out all day and there's no chance I could ever have that kind of dedication. But, I know plenty of people who have office jobs and are thin and cut. If they manage to do it with a job that requires sitting at a desk all day, then I should be able to do it while working on a farm all day. I'm going to have to start scheduling time to get to the gym and do weights. I am supposed to run a 7k in 2 weeks, but haven't run in almost 2 weeks. I had decided to scratch it because I just simply feel lazy and am bored with running, but I know how much better I feel when I run consistently so I guess I'll get back on track and do the race. As hard and boring as running can be, I know that I do so much better physically and mentally if I just suck it up and keep at it so that's what I'm going to do. I will also commit to 2 full body sessions with weights next week at the gym. Food is fuel, so protein, fruits and veggies have to be the focus. I'll never look like the trainer at the gym, but I will continue to work towards better physical and mental health.

I have some friends coming over to ride with me today, which I definitely need right now. It's going to be a mental health day. Fun rides and getting some work done around the farm with my hubby. I'll try to make good food choices, knowing that it'll make me feel better than eating a bunch of junk.

Have a great day, ladies <3

qoo8ppwk7znz.png

Replies

• Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    @3greyhorses good luck on your new goals. I feel the same way a lot. 😏 belive it or not it's really inspiring to see someone else struggle. It would be nice to be an athlete and have all that time and resources available. Good for you for being brave enough to do the weigh in with the fit beautiful trainer, that takes guts 😎. I feel out of place a lot of the time at the gym doing weights because it seems that 98% of the people are supper fit and good looking. But we need the gym too for mental health, energy, and hopefully being mobile at 80. 😅 Don't forget how far you've come and how hard you've worked over these many months. 🤠
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    I skipped working out last night because I was super tired. Going to try to do it today. Also veg and fruit, water, and stay under calories. Mabey clean if I end up not having to work tonight.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My mood tanks at a drop of a hat lately and I’m not sure if it’s laziness, hormones, this situation or what. Usual copes are extra food and/or less movement 😞. That being said I had days when I tried harder just because I knew I’d come here and write about my day.
    So I’m going for a longer walk today because I know it lifts the cloud off me. Have a good weekend ladies!