Sunday April 19

Options
steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
Morning Cuppa Joe

"....but I've read the script and the costume fits, so I'll play my part." ~Cleopatra

Replies

• steplinn398
    Options
    Up at the pre Crack of dawn. We have a 2 hour car ride north for our scuba lesson today. We are diving a natural spring River if there is no thunderstorms. Currently raining and cool but he said we will dive if no lightening.

I do not like 6am. AT ALL.

Georgia peeps. I'll check back later to see if we can manage a meet up. We will be nearby Atlanta Monday mid/late afternoon and overnight. We no longer have a Tuesday afternoon appointment as the bike shop sold the bike in my size I was going to teat ride. I know you were both busy but didn't know if we could squeeze in a coffee or something maybe Tuesday morning. Plus any recommendations for cute small towns to drive through or stop for window shopping is always appreciated. We rarely take the interstate unless we are in a hurry.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

I slept in until 6am today. Nice.

Steph, what is a "teat ride"? Enjoy the scuba. I'm envious.

Veganism? DW and I enjoy some vegan dishes, but as a simple stomached animal, I need animal protein occasionally. Even if it is just crickets or grubs. How does Larry feel about going vegan?

How was dinner last night, Skip? Remind me of the title of yer dad's book.

Babe is getting pretty full. She could whelp in 3 days.

Beautiful day here.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,035 Member
    Options
    Morning~

The Razor's Edge: A Memoir (Amazon) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W7GB93Q/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1613043211&sr=1-1

Dinner was great. Wine was exceptional. We had a super super time.

ui0ngmx0svo1.jpg

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've tried to at least read about all of you each day. :blush:

Steph, I so love reading about all your great adventures! Sailing, scuba, biking, seeing the world and the country ... that is just SO COOL!
    Lee, HOW EXCITING! I'll be praying that all goes well with Babe and the puppies. I can't wait to see pictures!
    I'm glad you had a nice time with your dad, Skip!
    Dennis, you are SUCH a blessing to your church! I wish we had a Dennis.
    Raine, I know you're doing a fabulous job helping Larry to grow and thrive.
    That sounds like a really smart idea, Mary! I'll bet there'd be a strong market for it!
    Dave, I hope your weather is on its way here. It's been sunny and pretty, but a bit cold for my tastes.

They finished the deck, except for the clean up. We LOVE it! It's huge and totally gorgeous! We have a couple things to do, and then I'll take pictures to share. We have an electrician coming Tuesday to install a new light by the deck stairs, and - believe it or not - they SAY our appliances that we ordered last September will be delivered Tuesday, too. It's a MIRACLE!

I have a virtual this morning, then church later today. My groceries aren't going to be ready for pickup until after church, which puts my prep out until tomorrow. Somehow I'll survive ... I'm resilient like that. :wink: I'm leading another panel discussion next Sunday, too, so I need to find panel speakers and prep that, too. Yesterday we celebrated Baby J's first birthday with a party at their house. He's such a little doll! And in the evening a coach friend of mine from Kansas City stopped over for a quick visit. I ADORE her and it was SO nice to hang out in person a bit!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

We love taking the back roads, too, Steph. There are so many little places out there that you would never know existed otherwise.

Shop time, yesterday! Gee it felt good to turn some wood. Just rough-turned a big piece of maple from the wood pile, and put it up in the loft to dry. I'll visit it again next year.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see pictures of the new deck, Lisa!

1st and 50th birthday parties. Baby J and Doc Skippy.

Did you help the old man write it, Skip? I just read to the intro and first ten pages.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Nice photo Skip! Such big smiles!

Baby J is a very cute boy, Lisa! Happy 1st to him. Can't wait to see your new deck photos.

Love the #lifewithLarry posts!

Hope all goes well with babe and her pups!

Well, Im detailing a big popup camper today. We got it. Its huge for a popup. 2 king beds on each end, a little couch and dinette booth. Working heat and AC.... it'll be nice to have some addl guest sleep space.

Enjoy your test dive, Steph! Definitely take the back roads!

Dennis, your a gem to help with the technology of life as it is today. I'm a user, not a fixer of computers, thats for sure.

Dave, enjoy your warm Temps!

Sam, you probably have your entire garden planted. I'm still waiting for the ground here to warm up. Air temp this morning was 43F

Have a great day BBB

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Been churched and schooled,
    Tomatoes, peppers and beans planted; waiting on soil to warn-up cool nights keeping soil to cool.
    Need to replace some herbs, looking around hard to find
    DMIL is gone for week, Thursday we will go up to Gatlinburg for a few days.
    Great picture of Skip and dad,
    I am tied up till late Monday night but can meet-up Tuesday morning; don't remember when Dennis has ROMEO's and Emmaus;
    There are several neat little towns out this way, I live in Madison and Dennis lives in Greensboro Georgia; both have historical districts with old homes and small little shops. I try and stay away from Atlanta. About 30 miles north of us is Athens, GA a college town with lots of history as well as shops and culture plus some box stores; they did have 3 bicycle shops; don't know about now, almost impossible to get a bike last year.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon GoaD.
    • The boss is on vacation so I worked both services of church this morning. Our church actually has 2 campuses 10 miles apart so there was some commuting.
    • Happy Birthday Sweet Baby James.
    • Steph, I-75 through FL and GA is a zoo. A good alternative if you aren't in a hurry is US19. Congested around Clearwater, Tarpon Springs and New Port Richey but once you get north of there it is pretty open until you get close to Atlanta. I'll bump my routine stuff for a chance to meet Ron and Steph. Let me know your plans. Where are you going in KY?
    • Sorry, I missed the birthday bash in VA. I had Chinese take out last night.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    Hooray I get to meet the Georgia peeps. I'm route planning now. We will likely follow your advice and will stay the night somewhere east of Atlanta. Now that we don't have to go into the city (for the TEST ride) we won't.

Coffee Tuesday morning would be great. I research some towns and come up with a place unless you all have a suggestion. We don't eat breakfast but have no problem watching you if you want to eat.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    We ate headed to McKee KY which I'd about an hour south of Lexington. Will be there until early June.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you want to come as far east as our 'hood. If you do PJs Coffee and Cafe 44 in Greensboro are both good. My # is 4o4/46B/o663. I hope that # makes sense.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    That works great.

I'm looking at hotels in Madison or Lake Oconee.

I'll text soon. From 402 area code