FAQ's

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
1. Do I have to lose weight in order to win the Ultimate Accountability Challenge?

No. You just need to exercise every day, eat within your calorie budget every day, track everything you consume every day for the entire month and check in at least every three days.

2. If I'm trying to maintain or gain weight, can I join the Ultimate Accountability Challenge?

Yes. Although many people who join this challenge are trying to lose weight, those who want to use this challenge to gain or maintain weight are welcome. Members still need to exercise, have a calorie goal, track everything consumed and report for every day of the entire month.

3. What counts as exercise?

Nearly all physical activity counts as exercise. That includes walking, cleaning your house, playing tag with the kids, walking your dog, etc. This doesn't mean you should do the bare minimum every day if you're capable of much more. If you want results, you have to challenge yourself, but for the purpose of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge, 20 minutes of any kind of exercise will suffice.

4. What if I only go five calories over budget? Or one calorie over budget?

We are all adults here. Frankly, it's up to you to make your own decision about your calorie limit and then adhere to your own rules. You keep track of your own days and your own fulfillment of the Thoughtful Healthy Habits of the UAC.

5. What if I forget to track something I've consumed, but I remember later and update my food diary?

If, for any reason, you forget to include something in your food diary, but you later remember, you should add the item to your food diary.

6. How long will the Ultimate Accountability Challenge be around?

This challenge is on-going. Currently, there are no plans to discontinue this monthly challenge.

7. What happens if I "slip up"?

Well, mistakes happen. The challenge is to be mindful of your fitness plan every day for a month. If you slip up for one day and you have used all your allowable Pass days, you will not qualify for the monthly Winner's Circle. BUT, we encourage you to stick with us and your goals. Nobody gets tossed out of the UAC. It's a long-term life change that the UAC is promoting.

8. What if the moderator “slips up”?

The moderater, @RangerRickL, does not always qualify for the Winner's Circle. Since I don't always qualify...you can certainly be forgiven if you don't qualify.

9. What do I get if qualify for the monthly Winner's Circle?

You get the satisfaction of knowing you adhered to your fitness plan for a solid month. You also get your username posted in the "Winners' Circle" thread, which is posted at the beginning of the following month.
YOU...are the one who will let the moderator and the team know if you have qualified at the end of a month. I'm not running a daily Excel spreadsheet.

10. What if I get sick?

If you get sick, you need to follow your doctor's orders. We encourage you to remain in the challenge, even though you may not qualify for the Winner's Circle. Unfortunately, we don't have both Sick Days and Pass Days. We just have Pass Days for any day that you are unable to fulfill the daily protocols. You are always welcome to be here on this team.

11. If I exercise a lot, can I 'eat back' my exercise calories?

Your calorie goal and calorie adjustments are entirely up to you.

12. What is the end goal of this challenge?

The end goal of the challenge is to adhere to your diet and exercise plan for a month. By having to come here every day and say, in front of the group, "yes, I was active today, and, yes, I'm aware of what I ate today," you ensure (1) that you will have to focus on what you're putting into your body and the exercise you're feeding it all month long, and (2) that you will have an friendly audience to which you choose to be accountable

13. Who is keeping track of your daily success?
Answer: You

14: Who is keeping track of my qualification for the September Winner's Circle?
Answer: You are keeping track.

15: How will you report your expectation that you qualify for the Winner's Circle?
Answer: You will include that information within your daily posts at some time during the last 2-3 days of the month.