May 21 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Sorry it took so long to update everyone on my competition.
    The weekend was great, it was the biggest Jiu Jitsu competition ever held in South Africa and everyone brought their best game. It was amazing to watch all the athletes from the smallest little ones through to the professionals. We live streamed all the fights to keep numbers in the venue down (only those competing in that group and their coaches and parents for kids were allowed). I got to watch it all up close though as one of the referees. I walked away with silver in my division and was happy with my performance and inspired to improve. However I woke up on Tuesday not feeling that great and tested positive for COVID. Our country is just heading into the third wave and the city that hosted the competition has the highest numbers at the moment so it was always a risk despite all the precautions I took. I thankfully seem to have a mild case and after the first 24 hours which included fever etc only really have the symptoms of a head cold. Obviously not getting any exercise in and not up to logging my food. Eating reasonably because I’m using the opportunity to clear out my freezer and cupboards. (I can order online or get friends to drop stuff off if needed, but I’m not using that just yet). I did get a delivery of lemons and clementines straight from the farm though because they are the best medicine! And tonight my friends are doing burger evening so I’m getting a drive by burger! If I don’t get worse, I’m clear to leave home again in a week and hoping that I can start with some light yoga tomorrow.

x1exk75erb30.jpeg

@dory_42 Congrats on the silver! Hope your recovery from COVID is quick and uncomplicated.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @Dory_42 yay congrats!!! Sorry to hear about the covid. How unfortunate, bub and i will pray for a speedy recovery for u!! Xox
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    @donnatrinity One trick I have done for finger food is that I pretrack X number of each item and keep a cheat sheet for referenece.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2021
    @mshawski I'm not sure what specifically you would like to be more enjoyable, but I've run a lot of half marathons ranging in weights and had various experiences from them. For reference I am 6 feet 2 inches tall meaning my ideal weight per BMI is180 pounds. The heaviest I have run a half marathon is 276 pounds and the lightest is 220 pounds. The events at the lighter weights were definitely my most enjoyable for a lot of reasons, being my fastest and running them non-stop come to mind first. I was also running that distance as my regular weekly long runs at both ends of those weights, be it an event or not. Despite having the fitness to run that distance regularly at the higher weight those runs were less pleasurable and I happened to burn out on long runs at one point and switched to shorter distance running and strength training. Alternatively when doing that distance weekly at the lighter weight I felt ready to take on ultra marathon training and go even further, only stopping due to injury after a fall on a trail run.

Just my experience as one person.

ETA: Just in case it wasn't apparent, I definitely believe long distance running is way more pleasurable at lighter weights than heavier. Not that weight should necessarily stop someone, of course.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    May 21:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. 300 minutes of giving massages.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes. 1400/1400
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 4/3 (3May)(9May)(12May)(19May)

"Never let your failures go to your heart or your successes go to your head."

@Dory_42 CONGRATS on the Silver! and I'm sorry to hear that you have COVID. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better SOON!!

@Bill70sStrong The 75HARD Challenge sounds interesting! I'll be following your progress!