Temporary Fitbit/MFP Sync Solution

Options
Hi all. My first post here. I noticed MFP and Fitbit has a lot of problems syncing. I created a simple webpage that lets you put in the necessary data in order to calculate the number of calories you can still eat today.
Here it is:
beckergames.com/public/mfp/MFP_fitbit_calculator.aspx

Inputs:
  • MFP Deficit - is your diet's deficit. Mine is 500, so I put 500.
  • MFP Goal - should be the goal displayed in the MFP app. Mine is 1680.
  • Timezone UTC - You'll need to adjust the "Timezone UTC" number based on your timezone. Mine for Eastern time is UTC -5:00, so I put -5.0. If you are on Pacific time, it would be -7.0. Google your timezone to find your UTC offset number. You can verify it works by looking at "Hours Left" after hitting calculate.
  • Fitbit calories burned so far today - should be whatever your Fitbit watch/device says.
  • MFP Food - should be what the MFP app says for your food intake for today.

Once you put in the numbers once, you really only need to change the last 2 from then on.

After you set all textboxes, hit calculate to know your exercise calories and calories remaining (to eat). These numbers should be almost spot on to what MFP would show you.

Hope this helps some of y'all while MFP works on a fix :)

- Mike

Replies

• eliz928
    eliz928 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you 🙂
  • Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are a star CrazyNinjaMike. Thank you.

Is this a longstanding problem? I've been trying to get the accounts to sync since Sunday, emailing support multiple times.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Hodgy2357 wrote: »
    You are a star CrazyNinjaMike. Thank you.

Is this a longstanding problem? I've been trying to get the accounts to sync since Sunday, emailing support multiple times.

Yes, MFP has previously said they expect to be working on this throughout 2021.