Why are you here? What's your 'big why'?

_Hyde_
_Hyde_ Posts: 4 Member
Hi there! One of the things science shows about weight loss is that publicly declaring your intentions and sharing them with people around you helps increase success. So that's what this thread is for.

What's your reason for tracking your exercise or eating healthy? Are you excited about a big life event or trying to get healthy enough to run after your fur baby? Feel free to be as light hearted as you'd like or dig deep. :)

Replies

• The_Kazekage
    The_Kazekage Posts: 1 Member
    I’ve been chunky for a while now and it led to me developing T2 diabetes. I was healthier (A1C of 6) but then COVID and it’s now 16. Oop.
    I need to learn to eat better and healthier, work out and build muscle (I’m flappy and squishy) and get stronger.
    I have problems with wanting to lose weight and all due to stuff with my adopted family.

I have the skills and knowledge of what to do, but not the motivation. I’m trying to figure out if my ADHD plays a part.
  • IrisSaysMeow
    IrisSaysMeow Posts: 1 Member
    I am not really in this to loose weight.
    I am in it to FEEL GOOD AGAIN.
    Between auto immune issues starting december 2019, then covid, i really slacked off all movement and cooking. I was living on takeout. My body felt heavy and tired all the time.
    I was saying NO to avtivities i wanted to say YES to. And that is just not ok for me.
    I want to enjoy my weekends and avtivities again. And not worry about vacations and enjoy them again.
    So far...so good. 40 days in and i feel so much better.
  • makehistory
    makehistory Posts: 2 Member
    This is a lot to unpack-but overall, I just want to feel better and take better care of my body, including better nutrition (without starving myself) and more movement. I'm an emotional eater with poor interoception and executive functioning skills.
  • mekela01
    mekela01 Posts: 1 Member
    I need to lose weight for my health. I am not unhealthy... yet... and I want to keep it that way. I am way over weight and I know I cannot sustain this for ever.