May 1st!!

Options
3greyhorses
3greyhorses Posts: 529 Member
It's finally here! May 1st!

I'm nowhere near my original goal, but there have been some positive changes made over the past several months that I plan to build on. I did lose 13 pounds, which is actually pretty cool considering I usually gain weight in the winter. I haven't had a drink since November, not a single one! I'm not sure if I'll stick with that completely, but now I know that I can abstain if I want. I did complete a 10k and have been reminded that running is good for my physical and mental health, but it can be a little too lonely so I'd like to add more social workouts to my schedule. After doing a check-in at my gym, I've been reminded that I have low muscle mass and should really add weight training (that's the plan starting this week) and make sure I get plenty of protein. The number one thing I always need to remember is that losing weight is about diet! I could work out 3 times a day every single day and the scale would not change if I didn't change my diet.

I plan to continue my journey with some changes this week. I'll be fully vaccinated after my 2nd shot later today so I plan to start hitting the gym for classes and weights. The diet is a continual challenge as I end up gorging myself at night. I'll continue to work on it. The biggest changes though will be to be more mindful, less worried, less hard on myself and allow myself to enjoy life more :blush:

Thank you so much for participating. I hope you all gained (and lost!) something from the group. I truly appreciate you all!

Have a great day <3

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    It’s been a good challenge and I had a lot of fun with it. This old dog learned some new tricks 😃.
    Thank you and have a great .. everything!
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    @3greyhorses - Thank you so much for doing this challenge. I have really enjoyed all of your posts and information

I did not succeed like I wanted to but did make some positive changes. Listing my goals daily was very helpful and I need to continue that.
    Eating at night is a problem for me even though I work out regularly. If I can get a better at that, I believe my weight loss will continue.

Wishing everyone from this group the best!
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Katebook309yahoocom940 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks @3greyhorses 😀. Sorry I wasn't feeling well yesterday but this group helped me immensely. Thanks so much for heading it up. / nice to meet all of you. ... including @rayonrainbows I wish you well.