Progress

amykidger471
amykidger471 Posts: 1 Member
Hi I'm new to this so I'm still working out how to use everything, how is everyone doing?

Replies

• johnstonkevin457
    johnstonkevin457 Posts: 13 Member
    Glad you are here. I have been with My Fitness Pal for a long time. I have a goal my doctor says I won't reach. So of course I am going to reach it.
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Hi, I'm 65 years old and joined MFP on March 23rd. So far I've lost 31.5 pounds, which is almost 1/3 of the weight that I want to lose. The weight came off very quickly at first, but has now slowed down to a more sustainable level. Though I don't look so very different so far, I am starting to worry about loose skin. Collagen and other animal-based supplements aren't an option for me, as I'm a vegan. So I'm just trying to exercise, drink enough fluids, and eat a big variety of vegetables every day. Surgery is also not an option for me. Hope everyone else is doing fine!
  • chublet25
    Glad you are here. I have been with My Fitness Pal for a long time. I have a goal my doctor says I won't reach. So of course I am going to reach it.

This isn't the first time I've read about somebody's doctor telling them that they won't reach their goal! Do you all have the same doctor or are there just a lot of crappy doctors out there? I guess not all of them passed "bedside manner 101."

I read a joke in somebody else's post: What do you call the person who finished last in their class at medical school? And the answer is: Doctor.

Good for you for proving them wrong!

• chublet25
    My weekly weigh-in was today and I lost 2 pounds this week, woot woot! Hope everybody else is having a great week.
  • chublet25
    My weekly weigh-in was today and I lost another 2.5 pounds. Really disappointed that this group fizzled out and hope it isn't because y'all have given up.
  • hello sixties .. :) I'm a newbie and not tech savvy :( of course the goal is to lose weight and get support and give support to members in similar situation