Thursday Cuppa Joe 5.20.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up." - Rocky Balboa

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

How work gets down in 2021 when its TOO NICE OUT to be stuck INSIDE!

rkvnr978486r.jpeg
    58b85vb91qsz.jpeg
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Way to go Skip! Pool Time!
    Or is it "yard work"! Lol
    Fyi there's a new F150 coming out named "Lightning"... but thats likely already old news for you...ha

Can't til I got my first grandchild in my Lap! Ya'll are blessed!

How are the pups Lee. When will they go home to their people?

Finally got some well needed rain last night. Maybe we can have a campfire at the lake this weekend! I'm setting up the gazebo as a tiki bar. So far I have a big wood cable spool, 4 bar stools, power- which is important for the blended adult beverages, some multi colored led patio lights for up inside the roof. And of course the Capn Morgan Tom's tiki bar signage. Its a neighbor friends bday too! Should be temps in the 80's. Boating is on the agenda.

Hair cut later today and then set up and season w/oil, my new Blackstone griddle -its all the rave ! Hope the season process is a success. Canola oil on high heat 4 or 5 times over, until the steel is blackened. Wish me luck!

Steph, we've been packing all our meals for the lake weekends too. Way better for us in weight loss hopes, and also savings lots of Money!

Masks requirements continue to be cancelled here.. And summer outside events are coming back. Finally!

Be well BBB have a wonderful day.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

The sty in my left eye has gotten bigger and I kinda look like I was in a fight. I'd say "you should see the other guy", but I can only sorta see out of the eye.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Ugh, sorry about the sty, Lou.

Skip, LMAO my hirsute friend.

Good to see you start us off, Lisa. LOVE the Rocky quote.

BBB OP ;-)

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I hope you get that looked at, Lou.

Got my lab results from the Army, yesterday, and everything looked great. In the last 18 months my cholesterol went from 215 to 88! Everything else that was concerning is now in the "green," too. The old guy is a septuagenarian with the labs of someone half his age. Guess I'll live to 140.

Dinner over at DS' house, this evening. DDIL is a great cook and so is DS, so I know it will be something tasty.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • The lawn filled in nicely Skip. Of course it helps when you put a big concrete pond in the middle of it.
    • My cholesterol took a similar dive Dave, but then again I took the prescription the Dr, ordered.
    • I'm off to the Red Cross blood drive.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Tis TGIF Eve,
    Emmaus breakfast this morning,
    Dennis hear Greensboro is swapping ministers with Cummings
    Do not want to see my cholesterol numbers, they took me off all statins
    Beautiful Skip
    Sunny and warm here
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Did a 6.5 mile hike close to home so home for lunch at a decent hour. A few tricky Rock scrambles...I'm getting better at those.

Happy camping Mary.