Wednesday Cuppa Joe 5.26.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up." - Rocky Balboa

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    It was a crazy busy weekend, but things are back to normal now. I even got a nap yesterday and was in bed by 9:30 last night! Of course, that meant I was up at 4 today, but hey. Rest is GOOD! And I got to see a little lightening, which is a nice way to start a day.

Loved having you yesterday, Skip! You add so much value to the conversation when you can share with us. And I LOVE the deep stuff. :blush:
    That eye looks so uncomfortable, Lou. Any idea how long the recovery will take?
    Dave, those are the Michigan seasons, too!
    And now I'm singing that song, Dennis.
    Your glamping setup sounds so FUN, Mary! I just stalked your fb looking for pictures, but nada. I want to see!

I've been doing final prep on the music for that wedding we're doing in Wisconsin the first weekend in June. We're opening with As the Deer (just piano and flute) as the people come in. We'll do Annie's song for the procession, just instrumentally for the bridal party, but then I'll sing the main chorus as the bride comes down. After the service, once they're pronounced husband and wife and turn to walk out, we're doing a super-fun, rockin' one. I rewrote the lyrics to Old Time Rock 'n Roll to be all about the couple. It's really cool! All upbeat and party-feeling. When that's over, we'll do You Are Good (also a fast one) just instrumentally as the people file out. I hope it all goes well! We have to order another mic and stand and cord since I no longer have the church's extras at my house.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Today begins my long weekend - though, plenty o'work still to do here and there.

HOA Meetings this a/m; final preps tonight for the me Dad's arrival tomorrow. I had "the talk" for him to be on BEST behavior all weekend. We'll see! Excited for friends from CA arrival on Friday too! Weather is still ominous for Saturdays big event 57 and rainy! Ugh. Oh well....

Loved the meeting last night, Lisa! REAL raw is how I describe it. Loved that we talked about self-compassion!! #greatcoach!

Mary - amazing! Keep up those sales!
    Lou - I missed it. Whats the verdict on the transmission?
    Lisa - sounds like the wedding is going to be splendid. What is the exact wedding day? We are nearing 25th on June 15th. Can't wait. We are celebrating in Key West with linen white photo shoot on beach at sunset.

Cheers
    Skipper
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Lisa, sounds wonderful.

Hope the eye continues to get better Lou. A lump in the middle sounds awful but I guess it’s healing?!

No ac is awful. Hope it’s fixed soon. You might have to purchase window screens units and look all trashy to keep the peeps comfortable but if it’s only in the 50’s you should be fine. Hope you have ceiling fans.

I’ve been stupid busy. I hate it. I have trouble with “no!”

A friend is coming over tonight for dinner. She wants to talk. In other words I just nod my head the entire time. I wonder if I wear dark sunglasses if she’d notice if I fall asleep??

I loved the sign Dennis. Too funny.

Mary, we’re looking forward to a visit. We need to get it in the books.

Later taters.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Fly by "hi".

BBB OP ;-)
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Heading out soon for our kayaking trip. It us a 3 hr drive if we don't take the freeway. Supposed to rain today but that shouldn't be a huge problem unless lightning too.

• manladdvm
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Nice day here today, but heading in to work. Tomorrow off and 3 day weekend looking forward to relaxing and doinking around the yard.

Dennis, I have a list of names 5 pages long. I forget the pedigree name we attached the call name Penny to. Call names range from Rebel to Dinny to Storm to Abby. Just need to pick a pup next weekend and see what kind of personality she has.

Luv me sum "raw passion". Or was that "compassion"? I just heard "passion" and "raw".

Jarheads are unpredictable in social situations, Skip. Just saying.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Heading out the door for a long drive to a trailhead in the Olympics. Climbing up to the snow line, today, on a route I take almost every year that serves as an early season fitness test.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Happy Humping,
    Hope eye is better Lou
    Sounds like all are busy
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon BBB Friends.
    • I had a marrrvelous morning. Back roads on a Harley in the cool of the morning. Breakfast (actually brunch) at Aunt Martha's Country Cookin' in Monticello and more back roads finding our way to the neighborhood coffee shop. For me that is what retirement is all about.
    • Dave, my niece who lives up your way was hiking Bryce Canyon last week. She's been a runner since high school.
    • Sometimes the right dog name just comes to you and sometimes you have to work at it. The good news is it becomes the right name either way.
    • Sounds like a fun musical wedding-to-be Lisa.
    • I hope you are healing Lou.
    • Have fun BBB.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Got a text this afternoon. Yes a text saying that my dad died this morning.
    A TEXT!!!! What the hell ?
    Gee whiz. I feel indifferent about it. I tried to call him yesterday. According to my aunt Connie, his sister, he had a hospital bed brought in last week. And she said that he was going downhill since Monday. One would think that someone would’ve called me. Guess not. Thus, indifference.
    He was a believer in Christ so he’s good. 👍🏻👌🏻
  • manladdvm
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, Kelly. Family is sometimes hard to understand.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss Kelly. It's never easy losing a parent.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry. How terrible.