Memorial Day Cup of Joe 5/31/2021

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Nothing will work unless you do." Maya Angelou

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    71sw24ktvtux.jpg
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Remember.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends
    • It's appropriate to see a picture of my friend Jack on Memorial Day.
    • The Veterans Club in our 'hood is putting on a Memorial Day Ceremony this morning. We do it every year. It was quite abbreviated last year.
    • Remember the Fallen.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Memorial day greetings

Going to be sunny and 70 today. After hike we may go drive around horse country.

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Giving thanks to those that gave their everything. God Bless America.

My oldest bro and dsil are stopping by us at the lake this morning to see our place. They and their crew check out of an airbnb about 45 min. North.

Happy Jack!

DS1 has been contacted by U of TX, Austin!
    He's going to talk to them. He'd like it there! If he has to be in TX imo! And we could hang with Lou and Cecelia

Have a good Holiday BBB

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Remember the fallen.

DW is driving DS#2 home to Brooklyn.

It stopped raining. I might get some things done today after I attend the local Memorial Day parade at noon.

Best of luck to DS#1, Mary.

BBB OP ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Went to gathering in our old hood last night, good to see old neighbors and friends
    Beautiful deck Lisa, love the way you have it setup
    Mary, you are taking glamping up a couple of levels
    Trying to choose a pup from that litter would be hard; both of those girls are good looking
    Skip, glad party went well and most behaved; though a little disruption make them rememberable.
    Lou, thinking about getting a couple pups? hope eye has cleared up
    Could not find bottle of vodka so assume its gone. Called her for breakfast yesterday, she even sat up in bed and ask if I was talking to her. She got up after we had returned from church, naturally her breakfast was cold, she could have heated it up, complained to DD that we did not call her.DD and family stayed with her most of time we were gone; when we came in she was downstairs; about 11 she comes upstairs carrying on; getting us up, she had not taken her medicine. She must not have eaten much last night, because she answered Joanne when she called her for breakfast and ate 2 fried eggs, a couple slices of ham, cheese grits and a slice of buttered toast then wanted to know if I only fixed her 1 piece of toast.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    #REMEMBER {***❤️ HJ***}

Off to VFW.

Skip
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Love Happy Jack.

Thank you to all who have served and who haven given their lives.
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all here who have served or who have family who has, and especially to all who've given their lives.

Lee, the puppies are both perfect! I agree with Dennis ... there is no wrong choice.
    Sam, I've gotta say that the dmil stories kinda break my heart. They remind me of how hopeless and empty I felt when I was drinking.
    I'm rootin' for your ds, Mary! UofTX sounds awesome!
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Oh, and thanks on the ring, too, Mary! We tried 3 others before it, and they all kept losing stones. Sheesh. We got this one at a much better store and I think it will last better.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Awesome ring Lisa.

Once again the in-laws SUCK *kitten*. not even a “ sorry your dad died”. Or for them. “Sorry you’re dad died”. A little laughter goes a long way.

anyone else tired of taking the high road?
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    YES
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    I took the high road once. I got lost.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,603 Member
    Options
    Yes, the road to the mountain tops, Kelly. And I'm a better person for it. Most of these types don't get it anyway,...