Anyone there??

Options
Just wondering if anyone is posting on this site. Being single and an empty nester can be really lonely and my goal is not to let food become my best friend again!! I work two jobs so my idle time is very limited. When I have time I just don't know what to do with myself even though there are things to do around the house. I have to make myself sit down and learn to relax and not with food at my side. I tell myself that it is OK to just sit and enjoy the time that I have and not waste it by eating because I will feel miserable and not like myself at all. I am not into the dating scene and I am going to a new church. I just do not have the time to get involved in their activites and I do not want to commit myself because my down time is limited. In turn, I feel lonely alot. Not sure what to do.

Replies

• KemahSunshine
    Options
    Hi Kimmie! :flowerforyou:

I would like to apologize for not being a very good mentor/moderator... I've been off of MFP for several months... and kicking myself for it too! I let "life" happen & have unfortunately found myself "backslidden" as a result. I'm back on MFP effective today & plan to be more dilligent... I NEED the acountability & companionship of others in my position! :wink:

I'm currently unemployeed... long story... but, I'm back in school now... training to become a Liscensed Massage Therapist. My kids are all grown & out of the house but, 2 of them have made me a Nana in the past year... so, alas, I've found lots to do with my spare time! Lol.

I'm involved in my church & after 17 yrs of waiting & wondering... I've found a wonderful man to spend quality time with... we have been in a "real" relationship for almost 4 months now. I'm very blessed to be with him!

As far as my weight loss journey goes, I had put on a few pounds towards the end of last year after taking on a very stressful office job... then the rest came along after I had to have a Hysterectomy in April of this year. I've been fighting with my body for some time.... the things I used to do to loose aren't working so well. I guess, because of all the changes ...but, I'm not giving up! I'm back on MFP & going to tweek my lifestyle to kick-start the loosing process again!

I'm really not pleased that I have re-gained 31 of the 66 lbs I had lost last yr. Nevertheless, it is what it is & I intend to do whatever I have to do to get it off for good!

Looking forward to getting to know you....

Have a blessed day!!!

*KemahSunshine*
  • Dakotacole13
    Dakotacole13 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hey there