Charge 3 doesn't sync workouts

hhjs2021
hhjs2021 Posts: 14 Member
I get a calorie asjustment and number of steps from my Fitbit Charge 3 but it's doesn't seem to sync the workouts / entries under exercise in the Fitbit app. I could add these manually to MFP but then it's shows up twice in the Fitbit app and presume doubles the amount of calories added for that exercise? Does Fitbit just sync everything based on steps?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited June 2021
    Rather - Fitbit doesn't sync workouts to MFP.

Has nothing to do with your device, they chose not to send it. Not needed anyway, they send the daily burn value which obviously does contain the workout calories in it.

No that process doesn't double up calories in Fitbit - which is a replace-only system, last entry replaces prior info.
    But why do that?
    Just increasing the odds of sync issues. You log it on MFP, has to sync to Fitbit, new daily burn has to sync back to MFP.

Is the MFP Exercise diary really better for viewing than the Fitbit one?

Or is it about your friends seeing your workout - in which case just create a wall post with more interesting info than a generic 1-liner.

In this group you'll find a FAQ - suggest reading over it couple times. 2nd set if you enjoy math and want to understand.
  • hhjs2021
    Thanks (and apologies for the mix up)! I read loads of the 'start here' posts but will keep going! So the total adjustment from Fitbit includes everything Fitbit knows about, it sounds like. It was more just that I've been hungry and want to make sure I'm eating the right amount. The consensus seems to be to try eating half your exercise calories as they are probably over estimated - but it looks to only show steps coming across.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    MFP makes the adjustment based on 2 figures - Total Daily Burn calories and timestamp sent by Fitbit.
    That's it.

That advice about exercise calories is when you use database entries, that for low calorie burn entries done for long periods of time, can be closer to reality by eating 50% of them.

That's not what your exercise calories are though since you are syncing with Fitbit.
    May not even be exercise for that matter.
    Read the FAQ and eat all those calories.
    Other advice merely doesn't apply to you.
  • hhjs2021
    Thanks, that makes sense!