Does anyone want to do a challenge

Options
highalpine1
highalpine1 Posts: 59 Member
Do we want to start a challenge of doing at least 15 min a day walking for 30 day? If so we could start it on the 15th of June and go through the 15th of July. If not let me know and we can see if we can come up with something that all of us could do.

Replies

• steffy1182
    steffy1182 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like to do this. It will inspire me to walk home from work every day instead of taking public transport.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    Would work for me but the 15 or a few days later would be better for me as I walk with a walked and I need my husband to be stronger to lift the walker down of the porch so I can walk outside (he had double hernia 10 days ago) but in one week I would be ready I think - I really need to get going on this
  • highalpine1
    Options
    we can start the challenge when ever you are ready give me a date that everyone would like. I walk every day so it will not matter to me. I just figure it would keep all of us accountable to ourselves for what ever reason that we had joined SP for and will keep us going. Pick a date and let me know. God Bless and have a great day
  • highalpine1
    Options
    if we can not walk outside because it is too hot we can walk in doors. if we do not get 15 min that is OK we just need to keep some sort of movement. There are days I do not feel like walking. That is when if I am watching TV so on commercials I will walk in place if I feel like it. It is not mandatory we do it every day. I wear my pedometer all the time.
  • highalpine1
    Options
    Everyone...... Let's start the challenge on July 1st that way it will be 30 days plus 1 day. Hope that will be OK with everyone that wants to join in.
    If anyone can think of any other challenges lets put them out here to see who would like to do them.

God Bless and have a good night.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. I would be willing to do either.
  • highalpine1
    Options
    thank you for the input
  • steffy1182
    Options
    I was on a walk challenge in SP
    For each month we chose a goal to reach in either miles, minutes or steps.
    I always chose miles and minutes because I participate in the Tely 10 each year.here in St. John's.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,515 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to starting the walking challenge
  • candok1260
    candok1260 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I would like to try it.
  • highalpine1
    Options
    I am willing I always walk every day anyway.
  • steffy1182
    Options
    I never walked today because it is raining, and the indoor track is closed. I can't do walk at home Videos because the person below me works 12 hour shifts and I never know if she is working or if she's sleeping.
  • highalpine1
    Options
    on the walking challenge with Marilynsretired I only got .54 miles i today 0n my challenge I got 11 min in. Was not feeling all that great today and being 110 today did not help. Hope to do better tomorrow.