Thurs. Cup of Joe 6.17.2021

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,573 Member
True evil is when you have even the slightest power to something yet you choose to look away.

Replies

• mcee1
    Options
    Good morning BBB (as I imagine I hear reveille playing)... Dennis likely has someone raising our flag there . I keep mine flying 24/7

Wonder if little Lucy let Doc. Lee sleep in!?

Let's hope we hear of a closing date for Lou Soon!

Lisa, enjoy your in person meet up. I know your party will be amazing.

The love birds in Key West seemed to be having a good time! I want to go there some day.

Steph, how long you in Nebraska and whats next?

I'm heading to the lake solo in a couple hours til Tuesday. Trying to take some accured vacation days. Capn Tom is joining me Friday p.m. but only til Sunday p.m.

I'm hoping my Full time lake neighbor Fred takes me fishing and I learn something.

May stop at some rummage sales on my 2.5 hr drive up.

Have a great day BBB
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Lucy is not home with me yet. Tomorrow night. I imagine the next few weeks will be sleepus interuptus.

Going fishing tonight with a buddy from a beach hotspot. Weather will be nice, which means it will probably be poor fishing.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I'm heading out for a hike in the Olympic Mountains - one of my old favorites. This one is a long hard slog up to a pair of pretty little lakes. I do it every year, at least once. Weather should be good. It's 47 now and NOAA forecasts 64 for a high up at the lakes. Lots of rain earlier this week, so my feet might get wet on some of the creek crossings.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,976 Member
    Options
    Morning.

Flying home today. Keys have been wonderful.

0u3u7293ylv4.jpeg
    79bv103twe7c.jpeg
    ek3wutv9tgt3.jpeg
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Is our takeaway supposed to be that Skip is innocent and pure?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB. We are electing a Governor today. The leading candidate is Indian and has a name with a zillion letters. I get to introduce him at graduation. They couldn't elect a Jones, Smith, Kuhns or Mcee. Sheesh.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 6,976 Member
    Options
    LOL, Dennis.

Those who TRULY know me - know I am quite innocent and pure!
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,126 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
  • mcee1
    Options
    I'm guessing New Delhi and not American Navajo ?
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that intro, Dennis! I will bet that you'll nail it.
    Skip! You and Carrie look INCREDIBLE!!! All island-y and happy and relaxed and beautiful. NICE!
    I hope your hike went well, Dave, and that you stayed safe.
    Sleep up tonight, Lee! Get ready!

We just took Etta to the farm where she was raised. They're keeping her for the weekend while we have our guests. She LOVES going there! Her mama and half-brothers still live there, as well as ducks and sheep. And they have lots of land. And a pond. It's like Disneyland for a herder like her!

After my workshops today, I spent the day prepping food for the party. Here's my menu:
    Grilled Spicy Chicken Strips
    Coconut Rice
    Caribbean Mango Salsa
    Asian Edamame Salad (it has this incredible fresh ginger/lime dressing that's out of this world ... and fresh mint, too)
    Lime Cheesecake Bites
    Dessert is a concoction I made up. First I made a homemade "nice" cream with frozen bananas, pineapple, whipped cream, coconut extract, and toasted coconut. Then I hollowed out 2 angel food cakes and filled them with the nice cream, then froze it all. I'll top it with hot fudge tomorrow morning, and refreeze. I've done this before at Christmastime with mint ice cream, but I wanted to make this one tropical.

My friends are coming tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! I've got their rooms all ready, complete with snack baskets and gifts. The WW Coach who's coming is celebrating 1 year of sobriety, too ... I'm her sponsor (which we've done completely on video calls - technology is amazing! And she's put it out there all over social media, so I'm not telling any secrets). Since she hasn't been at in-person meetings, she doesn't have the monthly coins that we hand out. So, I got them all and put them together in a pretty shadow box with some other little things to make them look nice. I can't wait to give it to her! :smiley:

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Options
    Tell your friend I'm proud of her Lisa. 1 sober year is a major accomplishment 👏.

Swearing in Gov. Aditya Santhosh Prabhakar.
    9b7czfjvttbv.jpg