Chat Room - this is place to have all those great discussions

Options
124»

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,470 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Saturday - a great weekend. I know for us that are living near the wildfires and the smoke from them - well it is not so nice - air quality where I am has been so bad for the last month that we really haven't been out without a mask and only to do what we need to do.

@steffy1182 you asked what groups I have brought over from SP. Here is what I have brought over and am looking at possibly a few more:

(1) Calling all Canadians - we are growing and I have the leader from the SP group on as coleader here on MFP

(2) I can do all things through Christ/In Christ I trust - this is a combination of 2 groups from SP

(3) Bright Line Eating - great program, always looking for more members that want to follow this way of eating

(4) Walking Across Canada - open to anyone who wants to record their miles walked - 1st part of the journey is just over 300 miles

(5) 100+ pounds to lose - always looking for more members that need support

(6) Needing Support with Losing Weight - another active group always looking for others that need encouragement

If there is anyone interested in any of these groups go to 'groups' and so a search looking through the recent groups - or your could email me and I could see about sending you a link / invite to the group

I am eating off plan for supper to night - am having spaghetti and as it is made with flour I am off plan - but tomorrow I am back on plan - should another spaghetti day come I will have to make it with zuchini noodles to stay on plan. I feel so much better without any flour at all and absolutely no sugar (only sugar I get is from the 2 fruits I eat)

But am tire now as the last few night have not been the best. So needing to have a power nap before needing to complete cooking dinner (spaghetti and spareribs) but the sauce is now on simmering so that is done.

- Marilyn
  • steffy1182
    steffy1182 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'd be interested in Walking Across Canada and Needing support losing weight.
    I'm in one on MFP called Get off your *kitten*, but it don't feel right.
  • highalpine1
    highalpine1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    will be praying for you. I have not been doing well lately and having trouble getting walking in myself. God Bless and we can just do what we can and except it for what it is.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    @steffy1182 you mention that you are interested in the Walking Across Canada group Here is the link to it

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140938-walking-across-canada

I will put the link to the other one up here also - will see if I can send you an invite to them personally also
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Here is the link to the group Needing Support with Weight Loss

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140736-needing-support-with-losing-weight
  • highalpine1
    Options
    I guess a lot of you live up in Canada. I live in Idaho and we have a lot of smoke here also. I have been up in Canada about 7 times in my life. Beautiful up there.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    @highalpine1 - not sure how many of us on this group are from Canada but there is a group for us called Calling all Canadians in case they missed it. And yes there is lots of smoke and yes it is beautiful. But the fires are not good -if you look on the internet for 'White Rock Lake Fire in British Columbia you will get an idea how bad it is. We are on the boundary of that fire and one subdivision of the city I live in has been put on evacuation notice and are ready to leave at a drop of a hat, 2 small places - one a resort, one a small village/town have had extensive damage that they are saying is not good - the resort will have to build back up again if they do - 2 more villages/towns are under alert to be evacuated, one of the cities in the Okanogan (Vernon) has been put on alert - not the whole city but a good portion of it - all because of this fast growing wildfire - and it is getting hard to find places for the people that are evacuated to find places to go as many people are on holidays are are filling up the motels, hotels, campgrounds so many people that are now being evacuated are having to sleep in their cars - I love that people are here to vacation but really these people that are being evacuated need the room now more than the holiday people - mean no offense but when you are forced out of your home due to a fire and then someone is holidaying taken up a room that you might be able to call home till you can find what you are going to do when you get back to a home that has been damaged by fire - we just need to help this people.

Sorry, I am just overly concerned as many of these people are friends of mine - and though in the part of the city we have not been told to be on alert we are prepared to go at a moments notice - and it is not nice to live like this especially when you have medical issues that make travelling long distances to find a place to sleep is not comfortable and then to sleep is difficult as I need a special chair to sleep in as I can't be down in a bed - so you can imagine how this is doing a number on me - and there are many of us in the same position.

Anyway take care, will come and say hi when I can but right now am very stressed and having to deal with all of this

-Marilyn
  • highalpine1
    Options
    I am so sorry .I have been hearing about the fires up there on our news. You are more them welcome to stay at my home here in Idaho if need be. I know you need a special chair, but my home is open to you if needed. I have a 3 bed home and it is just me since my husband passed. Prayers are there for you and everyone in the path of the fire. God Bless you all
  • highalpine1
    Options
    had my mammogram on Monday. Got a call today that I have to have it redone as it did not look right. Will be going back next week.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    iketvov6zvwr.jpg
  • candok1260
    candok1260 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    No I am not finding my way around MFP very well. I am still on SP as I am a leader of 3 of my 4 teams and I will stick till the end. After 14 years with SP it is going to be hard to not do the morning intake of posting. I have tried the new SP360 and I think it sucks excuse my expression. It has no personality what so ever. I am not feeling all that well tonight so I will post tomorrow again.
    God Bless to everyone
    No I am not finding my way around MFP very well. I am still on SP as I am a leader of 3 of my 4 teams and I will stick till the end. After 14 years with SP it is going to be hard to not do the morning intake of posting. I have tried the new SP360 and I think it sucks excuse my expression. It has no personality what so ever. I am not feeling all that well tonight so I will post tomorrow again.
    God Bless to everyone

hope you feel better
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Thinking of everyone here and now that SP has gone dark, that you can make mfp your home - do come and share how you are doing

NOTE: if you go to my profile you can see a list of group I am leading - they are listed under the 'what do you want to share about yourself; - might be something everyone would like to do so that we can see all the groups we are all on.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    sz62pp1r8gdd.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    7vsy0ywnsc0c.jpg
  • highalpine1
    Options
    Amen on that
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    webh6oiz2b5e.jpeg
  • highalpine1
    Options
    been sick not doing much right now. At least my covid test came out negative.
  • candok1260
    Options
    been sick not doing much right now. At least my covid test came out negative.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • candok1260
    Options
    @highalpine1 - not sure how many of us on this group are from Canada but there is a group for us called Calling all Canadians in case they missed it.

I will pray for you and your neighbor. Hugs