July 27 Sign In

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Exercise certainly can knock down stress. When my daughter was in high school, if she got worked up over something I’d make her do jumping jacks. She now hates jumping jacks…….she is 30.

Another note, gained 3lbs over dd’s 30th birthday weekend. They are already gone (within .2). Moral of the story is quick on quick off. If you have a slip up, get right back on your path before the weight becomes real.

So true. Thank you.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @victorious55, you listen to the news???? Gads, that just stresses me out even more! :)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    @victorious55, you listen to the news???? Gads, that just stresses me out even more! :)

Trust me, it must be selected "news"... :) Most times I play uplifting songs and dance.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    7/27
    Exercise yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged?-yes
    I try to get Exercise in everyday even if it's a small walk.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Due to a planned early morning outpatient procedure I took no walks and moved my upper body strength workout to tomorrow. I made sure to keep moving around a lot and have almost 9k steps right now so should get well over 10k total for the day (hoping to get 15k if possible), so calling it a 3 x yes day.

July 27

✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes (8883 steps so far)
    ✅ - Calories within budget (77 under)
    ✅ - Tracked every detail I consumed (yes)

1 of 3 Pass Days Used (25th)

Personal Challenges Met: 21/27 days (2nd, 4th, 5th, 11th, 15th, 25th)
    ✅ - Net Carbs 30g or less (23g)
    ✅ - Protein 180g or more (209g)
    ✅ - 5+ Fruits/Veggies (9)

I believe that in essence, exercising is a gift which gives you more life and also makes that additional life better than a life without it. So when life seems to get in the way of exercise, I try to step back and question what part of life is worth taking that gift away, and how can they not coexist?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Options
    ✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ✅ - Calories within budget
    ✅ - Tracked everything

0️⃣ Pass Days Remaining
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    4/3 pass days no winners circle for me but…that’s ok I am still a winner. When I exercise on a regular basis I feel much better my knee OA is not so painful and the medicine ball is helping with my arm strength. I try to take time when at the office to walk at lunch it’s been hit or miss lately partly due to some intense knee issues. I have been spinning and slamming throughout the day when I am done work. As far as the elbow goes I think it’s as good as it will ever get I am thankful I regained almost my complete range of motion now to keep it.

I have tracked logged and exercised. Next month I am hoping to focus on reducing my carb intake I have been tracking the net carbs on and off I think I got this.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅ Yoga today. I didn’t go to class due to a scheduling conflict with a doc apt.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,873 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    @SModa61 you are so right about the "moral of your story"!

I believe that's one of the secrets to success. If I do have a bad day (or a "binge" day!), I don't beat myself up. Everyday is a new beginning - a "do-over" where I get to begin again!

All my adult life, I've "dieted", and when I got to my goal, I stopped "dieting". And... I've always gained most of the weight back (if not all - and then some!) This time around, I'm learning that I have to change my thinking. It's not a "diet" but a lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle of not eating in excess (staying under my calorie goal, no matter WHAT I have it set at!), and eating more freggies and less sugar and "junk food". My healthy lifestyle also includes walking 20-30 mins/day minimum, and yoga in the mornings most days. At my age, and due to osteoporosis, I'm also learning to include strength training a few days/week. But this "healthy lifestyle" has no end date. When I do eventually reach my goal weight, I will have to "work" on maintaining.... which will still need to include all of the above! I've determined that I'm going to be a life-time member of MFP! :lol:

I work 2 jobs and have a very active church and home life as well.... but no matter how BUSY I am, I can usually MAKE time for 20 minutes of exercise somewhere in my day! And I always feel better after I do!

@Mrs_Hoffer Yes, indeed. It must become everyday life. Crazy it took me until almost 60 to catch on.