• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    @mshawski Happy early Birthday enjoy have fun πŸŽ‚
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    How do you get this exercise in each day? Do you have a set exercise schedule - a time on your calendar that is respected like any other meeting or appointment? Or, do you squeeze it in between everything else in life? What tips can you share for those in our group who need to get into a better exercise routine?

While I'm a fan of workout programs, I give myself space to deviate to a workout that I find more fun that day or...to rest.

Also, I purposefully moved to a "walkable neighborhood" in 2019, consider the elevators in my building optional and don't own a car (which goes back to our NEAT conversation the other day).

Basically, I've forced myself into active situations even when I wanna be lazy like today...

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?YES |Kettlebell swings (10), Walking (15) TOTAL: 25 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES |Base
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 30%
    Pass Days Used: (JUL19)

ETA: 🎈🎈🎈 Happy birthday @mshawski 🎈🎈🎈
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    😬 Nothing to see here
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @Bovaryoo - I’m so sorry about your kitty cat ❀️
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I exercise first thing every day to make sure it happens. For all of my teaching career ( and stay at home mommy years) that meant getting out the door usually by 5 am during the week. I find that I enjoy exercise early in the day but it becomes a chore if I put it off.

Pass day ( but I walked 10 miles)
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @mshawski - where do you find such beautiful rings?

Usually Etsy or local rock/artist shops. My favorite place is a place I usually see at the NY Renfaire (and they visit other fairs as well), and it’s where I got my 50# ring and plan to get my 70# ring if I ever get there - they’re called Moon Angel jewelry out of Sugarloaf NY.

I’m also just realizing this may have been a rhetorical question that I didn’t need to answer but I take rings seriously so… ya know… πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,835 Member
    Options
    7/23

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? βœ…
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? βœ…
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? βœ…

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - a walk at lunch and a walk after work.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Freggie servings- 8 (best yet!)

I have been trying to set my alarm before work to walk then so no matter what, I know I've got my exercise in. The past couple weeks I've been a bit blah and haven't been able to get out of bed. So, my next chance is my lunch break (assuming I don't end up working through it). If I've already walked I now have an option to try for my yoga, or else I'll walk again. At night my husband and I usually like to do some sort of activity together so that gives me one final exercise chance for a walk or bike ride.

I have found I just know I automatically need to do it so I try to front end load it but am willing to go out late if need be to get it done.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @JennyRebecca1978
    Thanks for your opening post!
    When I am home in IL, I set my alarm clock to allow enough time for my usual exercise and active stretching.
    During the winter season in Arizona, I still set an alarm for stretching and follow that time with hiking.
    Other exercises are more incidental than intentional.
    Today:
    Exercise: active stretching for 15 minutes and cardio strength for 25
    Tracking: good
    Calories: under my limit
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,218 Member
    Options
    JULY 23

Exercised: Yes - BodyCombat
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

2/3 Pass Days Used
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @mshawski
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    @JennyRebecca1978
    Thanks for the post!
    I try to keep a routine for my exercise. It's in my calendar every day.

July 23, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, lots of prepping to cooking for the coming week. I something do my weekly menu prepping either on Friday or Saturday.

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (19 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - a walk at lunch and a walk after work.

Freggie servings- 8 (best yet!)

I have been trying to set my alarm before work to walk then so no matter what, I know I've got my exercise in. The past couple weeks I've been a bit blah and haven't been able to get out of bed. So, my next chance is my lunch break (assuming I don't end up working through it). If I've already walked I now have an option to try for my yoga, or else I'll walk again. At night my husband and I usually like to do some sort of activity together so that gives me one final exercise chance for a walk or bike ride.

I have found I just know I automatically need to do it so I try to front end load it but am willing to go out late if need be to get it done.

Congrats on your freggies!!! @ashleycarole86
    🍎πŸ₯¬πŸ‘πŸ“πŸ‹πŸ«‘πŸ₯‘πŸ§…
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    7/23/2021

DId I exercise 20 minutes or more? I'm going to say, despite the hour or so in the grocery store and the "weight lifting" of carrying things back upstairs, the answer to this question is no. :lol:

Did I track everything? I did.

Did I manage to stay under calorie goals? Barely, but I did.

Exercise schedule?
    Man, I used to be practically regimented back a few years ago. Monday was Yoga, Wednesday was Body Flow, Saturday was Zumba, Sunday was Body Pump. Tuesday and Thursday nights and Saturday before Zumba was run/walking using C25k. And most weekdays, I'd walk for 30-40 minutes at lunch. Then my zumba class was cancelled. Followed by the Body Flow class. I hurt my shoulder so was taking a break from Body Pump. I think the yoga class went on for awhile, but I never felt really comfortable in there, physically or emotionally, so I decided to just try using the elliptical and the circuit machines. Yeah... that didn't work out for me. It sure wasn't worth what I was paying to be part of that gym. So... I quit. Kept run/walking. Bot got bored and was going to quit, and was then introduced to the Tucson Runners Project (now defunct). Then my running became track workout on Wednesday mornings and "long runs" on Saturdays. And *sometimes* I'd run at night during the week. Or walk around the park with the dogs we had at the time.

I got away from all of that. Maybe ran by myself on Saturday or Sunday morning, or on occasion with Meg. Maybe walked the dog(s). Maybe (most likely) sat around with a book. I tried to be more active, but just kept falling by the wayside (or rather, the weigh-side). I'd lost 40 lbs. I put them all back on, plus a few more. Still kept to a semi-regular Saturday run/walk, but now it was mostly walk. Then a friend stepped in and offered to take me as her guest to Planet Fitness. She said she needed the push of having to meet someone there to actually go herself. I was game. First time was one evening after work. Big mistake. The world was there. So then we tried to getting there about an hour (6:00 a.m.) before we had to leave for work and that was better, but by the time we added in shower time and getting dressed, it was less than 30 minutes. So we changed it to meeting at 5:30 a.m., which gave us at least a full 30+ minutes. So that became our Tuesday/Thursday morning. Then... COVID. Haven't been to the gym since the shutdown. Actually a little before, as my friend is severely asthmatic. We didn't want to take any chances. I still went out on the Loop on the weekends to run/walk. My only real exercise of the week. And now, because my foot hurts when I run, I ride my bike. On Saturday and/or Sunday. But... probably not tomorrow. We had severe thunderstorms and rain last night. I heard that the mud on parts of the Loop is nearly 2 feet deep. I'm not comfortable enough in my abilities to ride on the road (so many crazies around ​here). So, this weekend, at least, I may have to go to the gym here and make do.

TL/DR: A few years ago, I was doing something nearly every day of the week. Since then, my exercising has dwindled to my weekend bike rides and the much less frequent than I'd hoped walks with my daughter and the dog after dinner.

I miss the classes, especially body pump and Zumba. Can't afford a gym and I'm not good with depending on YouTube videos. So, I just need to get doing things again. :)
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

@MadisonMolly2017 I started off with 10k steps a day, it was really helpful to get me started on my current healthy lifestyle.

@Chinkiri I also think that you need a breather, we all need activities that can lessen the stress of all the demands that life faces us with.

@donna25trinity you have nothing to worry about, as long you are on track your body will have to give in and lose those grams. Good luck 🀞
  • thabit11
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer I really like yhe concept of walking a number of steps by a time of the day. I'm considering adding this to my daily routine after vacation, when it's hard to finish it off in one go.

@snowshoe072 I'm the same, although I had a strict schedule to follow, sometimes it's really hard to do so.

@SummerSkier amazing efforts this month πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ, hopefully you'll be in the winner's circle this month 🀞🀞
  • thabit11
    Options
    @Winner_in_Life I'm really inspired by your great work, if I had reached my goal, or close enough, I would start to slack off 😳😳, I truly hope I won't do that this time around and learn grom you 😊.

@lesdarts180 you made exercise a priority in life, which is something I'm trying to do. I will try to find something I truly enjoy in order to keep going. Thanks for the tip ☺️.

@WhatMeRunning 0 pass days and 8 days to go, good luck 🀞! I should have this mindset on exercising more if I find time to do so.