July 22 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

Fruits/veggies - 5/6

Protein is something that I am consistently coming under on. It's something I need to focus on when I start up my weight training again.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for 20? Yes - over an hour of walking.
    Did I track? Yes, everything.
    Did i stay within budget? Yep

Veggie servings- 5

I admittedly don't pay very much attention to my macro split but suspect I eat less protein grams than expected most days.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    ✅ - Exercise 60 Minutes.
    ✅ - Calories within budget.
    ✅ - Tracked everything.
    Freggies today: 8

PASSES USED: 4/3 (3Jul)(4Jul)(Jul8)(Jul14)

✔️ Yoga/stretching (daily)
    😃 Strength training (M,W,F) 😃 Rest Day.
    Personal Challenges Met: (14/22)

Thanks for posting this topic @WhatMeRunning !! I've been trying to pay more attention to my protein this month - it does help me not to feel like I'm "starving" all day long!! But I must admit, figuring how much protein I should have has always been very confusing to me. My protein % on MFP is set at 30%, so MFP shows that I should be getting 120grams/day. I don't get anywhere near that, but I almost always get over 60g - which is what Chris' article indicated that I should have per day. So I guess that means that I'm doing ok with my protein. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    July 22, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, strength training
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (18 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Your post is one of the most important posts that has ever been written for the encouragement of our UAC team of athletes!
    Thank you so much!
    Your friend, Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Today’s post:
    Thanks to my fellow team members, I stay on target most days. I need to be accountable to you so that I can keep fit to do the outdoors activities that I love.
    I weighed in today at the sane weight as I did on May 2, 2021. That is the date that I returned from a winter in Arizona to a more sedentary life in Illinois.
    Tracking: good
    Calories: under my limit
    Exercise: 30 minutes walking
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Very informative and thought provoking post, ty. I can't say I put much thought into it but I had very low iron about 15 years back that was debilitating. I was never a big meat eater but since then I've tried to eat more meat and based on MFP tracking, I guess I do a decent job of getting enough protein now. A protein at each meal also helps to keep my sugar balanced, especially important for me at breakfast.
    What do I eat for protein? The usual I guess: meat, fish, seafood, eggs, yogurt, milk, cheese, tofu, peanut butter and most recently protein powder. I'm not a fan of protein pòwder; I prefer to eat foods in their most natural form but I needed to cut some calories and protein powder in my morning coffee keeps my sugar balanced and enables me to eat later in the morning.

Yes x 3 today.
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    July 22

Exercise: 76 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - what a great topic. I’ve known that protein is important after a workout but I don’t give it much thought beyond that, assuming I’m getting enough. This weekend when I have time I’m going to spend time absorbing all this information and go back through my journal to see how my protein intake has actually been. Thanks for this.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options

k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/22/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 130 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 18,800 ......... 100 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning ....

Still stepping.... Starting tomorrow...
    Mon. Wed. Fri. I plan to do an hour of Decluttering/sorting/organizing
    Tues. and Thurs I plan to spend crafting so will add a walk in
    Sat. Weekly Chores (+walk) And Sun. Walking outings with Hubby
    in addition to my personal walk

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,842 Member
    Options
    7/22

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅