July 17 Sign In

Replies

• Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    @biketheworld a few people have told me their numbers really improved with intermittent fasting. Have you considered that?
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @seilidhe- Do you have a water bottle on your bike? Sounds like you had a bit of dehydration. But you made it 25 miles and that is awesome! And I love love love that you got asked out. That little story is going to keep me smiling all day.

@Higa2021 - no I have not heard that. How interesting. I’m going to read up on that.

Freggies - at least 6 servings although it seemed like more. Sometimes hard determining how much is 1 serving.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,784 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    7/17/2021

Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? I did. And I think I may have pushed myself a bit much.

Be very careful with getting heat stress please. It definitely sounds like you over did it! I also did last week when I ran at lunch instead of the morning. In addition to water, remember that FRUIT is your friend for helping to rehydrate. It actually makes me feel worse to chug water when I am in a bad dehydration situation.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,784 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Todays topics have given me lots to think about. Thanks!

As for checking in, to pass or not to pass, that is the question. All tracked, calories were over if not counting activity. Watch died mid-after and I did not notice til I went to bed, which was 6:30 because I was getting emotionally drained from everything. So that should make it a pass, but woke up to my new lowest weight. The “to pass or not decision”is not critical today because I am already over the three for July. Continuing to focus on the simple accountability of aiming for the three goals and reporting in and it’s suiting me well this month.

I think in maintenance you have to do a little averaging and honestly I would not take a pass if I were you. I took a pass earlier this month because altho I ended up averaging the week out I really felt like I was out of control on that day. If you were within your goals with exercise you are good to go.
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Todays topics have given me lots to think about. Thanks!

As for checking in, to pass or not to pass, that is the question. All tracked, calories were over if not counting activity. Watch died mid-after and I did not notice til I went to bed, which was 6:30 because I was getting emotionally drained from everything. So that should make it a pass, but woke up to my new lowest weight. The “to pass or not decision”is not critical today because I am already over the three for July. Continuing to focus on the simple accountability of aiming for the three goals and reporting in and it’s suiting me well this month.

I think in maintenance you have to do a little averaging and honestly I would not take a pass if I were you. I took a pass earlier this month because altho I ended up averaging the week out I really felt like I was out of control on that day. If you were within your goals with exercise you are good to go.

@summerskier because my watch died, I have no idea what my activity was. Just a messy day in the end. Back to sorting and packing. :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    edited July 2021
    seilidhe wrote: »
    • I rode 25 miles total. and rest for a bit.
    Super 🔥 🔥 🔥 but maybe take it a bit easier next time.

Did I track everything? Um, sadly, yes. If I hadn't, the numbers would have looked a lot better than they did.

Did I stay within my calorie goal? As you may have surmised from my previous answer, that's a big no.
    2/3 is good. And I imagine you needed that overage to recover.

Funny thing (at least I thought it was funny, well, maybe not funny, but odd)...
    Had the first in-person meeting of our reunion committee today at the home of one of the gals. She has friends (Virginia and Dave - not a couple, just on their committee together) in the Class of '71 that she almost always invites to our (Class of '76) committee meetings. I met Dave once, 5 years, ago when they came to a meeting but didn't really spend much time talking to either of them. Virginia has been around several times since then, but not Dave. Today, we talked for a bit and then, out of the blue, Dave asked me out. WTH? Seriously, I didn't see that coming! He says "I have a question. I'm going to ask you to go somewhere with me."
    "Okay?"
    "Have you ever heard of a pianist who goes by..."
    To myself, "don't say it, don't say it, don't say..."
    "Mr..."
    "oh crap, he's going to say it."
    "...Boogie Woogie?"
    "Sigh"

Of all the local musicians he wants to take me to see, why did it have to be that one? I thanked him, agreed the man is an awesome musician, but told him I can't go see him. I explained to him why, and I won't go into it here except to say it doesn't directly involve me. So, we agreed we'd find some other local musician(s) to go see. Still... how weird to get asked out at all. I have been divorced since 2005 and can count the number of times I've been asked out since then on one hand and have fingers left over. Hahahaha!
    You couldn’t make these things up! I laughed out loud. Great boost the confidence, though.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Treadmill: 32 min / 1.84 mi
    • Pool (light exercise)
    Passes used: 0/3
    Apple rings closed: 17/31
    Great job!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    @SModa61 - 🥳 on the lowest weight. And definitely NOT a pass. I’m sure your activity was plenty good enough. Cut yourself some slack.
    @Higa2021 - (((Hugs))) It’s so difficult when you’re in someone else’s house.

Well done those of you still logging regardless. Consistency and accountability!

I will check back after dinner,in case there are some late posts.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @seilidhe I love your bike rides, as well as your story about being asked out! That might even be considered a NSV - depending on how you look at it! Lol... :lol:
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2021
    @seilidhe I have no way to know for certain but that sounds very much like a case of dehydration! Your HR will climb way up making easy efforts seem incredibly hard, along with all those other symptoms. Make sure you continue to hydrate over the next 24 to 48 hours and take a break today. Also, unless you are sodium restricted make sure to get some electrolytes in you as you also need to be careful not to wind up too low in any when you fill your tanks back up with pure water.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/17/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 170 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 22,100+ ......... 110 m Walking .... 60 m cleaning ....

Had a great visit with Son & his lil family...
    Its always sad to see them go.. we will see them again Next summer
    I have remained Consistent While they were here ~ I am Committed to Succeed

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17