July 13 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Higa2021 wrote: »
    Today is my 4th pass day and 6/13 sugar days. Kind of not fully on the saddle. I'm having problems in the afternoon with snacking and it's throwing me way off. So today I am going to ask why I want to snack! It doesn't feel good...I'm so talented at picking up new bad habits.

@Higa2021 For me, sugar is a real problem (they say it's just like a drug!) It KEEPS me CRAVING MORE!!! Even sugar substitutes!! I went through that recently (having problems with afternoon snacking) and just had to make myself stop the sweets/sugar COLD TURKEY! Lol. The first day was difficult, but not so much that I couldn't do it. Every time I found myself going into the kitchen to see what I could find to snack on - I spoke to myself (out loud!), I would drink a large glass of water instead, and then turn and march myself out of the kitchen (like I would one of my grands!) and went and took a walk, or cleaned something in the house, or called my sister.... anything to keep me busy and get my mind OFF of wanting something sweet! I also made sure that I ate PLENTY of protein at my 3 meals so that I wouldn't "feel" hungry. The 2nd day was easier.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,565 Member
    Options
    Thank you @biketheworld
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri Happy belated birthday! The park picnic sounds lovely. And Happy Bastille Day! Have a wonderful day!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri - Happy belated 🎂 !! Sing your heart out tonight and have fun!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - I hope you don’t mind, I’m stealing this: “I will choose to love my future self by taking care of this self now.” I know what you mean by not having enough time. When I’m feeling well, I try to hike, kayak, SUP, golf, cycle and anything else I can think of all in the same day! My husband has to sit on me sometimes. But … full time plus career, 3 kids, didn’t leave time for me much. Now - GET OUT OF MY WAY!

@seilidhe - you’ve got this! You inspire me as well.
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Higa2021 wrote: »
    Today is my 4th pass day and 6/13 sugar days. Kind of not fully on the saddle. I'm having problems in the afternoon with snacking and it's throwing me way off. So today I am going to ask why I want to snack! It doesn't feel good...I'm so talented at picking up new bad habits.

@Higa2021 For me, sugar is a real problem (they say it's just like a drug!) It KEEPS me CRAVING MORE!!! Even sugar substitutes!! I went through that recently (having problems with afternoon snacking) and just had to make myself stop the sweets/sugar COLD TURKEY! Lol. The first day was difficult, but not so much that I couldn't do it. Every time I found myself going into the kitchen to see what I could find to snack on - I spoke to myself (out loud!), I would drink a large glass of water instead, and then turn and march myself out of the kitchen (like I would one of my grands!) and went and took a walk, or cleaned something in the house, or called my sister.... anything to keep me busy and get my mind OFF of wanting something sweet! I also made sure that I ate PLENTY of protein at my 3 meals so that I wouldn't "feel" hungry. The 2nd day was easier.

I will keep trying. I feel like I'm already ahead because I didn't have sugar ever day. I think I'm eating snacks to substitute though, so will drink water or tea today!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 30 minutes on Cubii
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

My "why"s
    - I don't want to get diabetes (family history and had insulin dependent gestational diabetes)
    - I want to take pictures with my family and like how I look.
    - I want to be able to keep up with my son
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Happy happy birthday, @Chinkiri ❤️
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

I’ve realized my why definitely has to do with my age. I’m only 62, well, I’ll be 63 in a couple weeks. I have a lot of bike trips on my radar, I love being active, I have young grandchildren. And although I don’t feel like the clock is ticking, I do know that my years of long distance biking, running, kayaking etc are numbered and sometimes I almost feel panicked that I’ve waited too long to do the things I want to do (like bike cross country or run an ultra).

You and I are about the same age as I'll be 63 at the end of August, and I really hear what you're saying about waiting too long. I started running at the age of 54ish. I started biking just this year. And I wonder what I was thinking of by being such a lump most of my life. I rollerskated regularly as a teen. Danced (modern) in school and, *whispers* at bars when I was too young to be there. ;) There's a woman in the running group I belong to that celebrated a birthday in her 80s by participating in a half, I think. I want to be her when I grow up. Even if I walk that damned half. :)

One foot in front of the other....
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    There's a woman in the running group I belong to that celebrated a birthday in her 80s by participating in a half, I think. I want to be her when I grow up. Even if I walk that damned half. :)

One foot in front of the other....

Oops... she's 78 and did 10 miles on her birthday. It was in March she did her half.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/13/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 150 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 20,200+ ......... 100 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning .... 20 m Gardening

Today Was another Productive Day ...... Family off Fishing... so catching up on some
    chores Laundry & definitely walks

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @Chinkiri <3 And happy Bastille Day too! It's interesting to read about celebrations/holidays in other countries!

@seilidhe I'm with you..... I want to be that active when I'm in my 70's and 80's! So it has to start NOW or I'll never be able to be that active! :smile:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    Great beginning post @biketheworld
    & what inspiring posts from everyone👍

July 13
    ✅✅✅

• oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri Happy belated birthday! :)