Options

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: »
    July 12

I wasn't planning to over eat but I did. I just feel hungry these days, I need to solve this problem. I thought at first that's muscle workouts are the cause, but I think I'm not working out enough. So, I'll try to increase my load and see if this will help.

@thabit11 I've found that if I feel like I'm "starving" all the time, or can't seem to stop snacking in between meals - if I eat more protein, I feel "full" much longer.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited July 2021
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »

Pass Days = 7/3. Well... that means there were 5 days I didn't need a pass day, so there's that. :)

The thing for me to at least attempt to meet the UAC challenges is making sure I do report in every day. Knowing I have to do that, preferably before I go to bed, at least has me making sure tracking is done every day. I'll work on it from there.

Good night/good day UAC!

@seilidhe what a terrific attitude! :smile: I feel the same way..... especially knowing that I'm here for the long haul, not just for a few months while I'm "dieting".
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @thabit11 I hope u get to the bottom of ur hunger! Pls let us know how u go with experimenting with exercising. I was eating 1200 calories a day and was starving all the time. In the last 2 months ive increased my calories and yes it has slowed down weight loss but feel so much more satiated & happier now. I honestly dnt know how i ate 1200 calories. Not sure if ur eating enough calories but thought id share just incase. Xox

@donna25trinity I was the same way. I started out at about 1400 calories, and quickly realized that I was setting myself up for failure because I didn't like feeling that "restricted". I knew that I wouldn't stick with it very long at the rate I was going. Yes, my weight loss slowed down, but as long as I was consistently losing, and I felt like I wasn't restricting myself too much, I was (am) happy. When I look back, I don't know how I ate only 1400 cals/day.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @readyornot1234 I'm glad you had such a great time with your grandson! 5 is such a wonderful age!! :smile: I missed you!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    @thabit11 I hope u get to the bottom of ur hunger! Pls let us know how u go with experimenting with exercising. I was eating 1200 calories a day and was starving all the time. In the last 2 months ive increased my calories and yes it has slowed down weight loss but feel so much more satiated & happier now. I honestly dnt know how i ate 1200 calories. Not sure if ur eating enough calories but thought id share just incase. Xox

@donna25trinity I was the same way. I started out at about 1400 calories, and quickly realized that I was setting myself up for failure because I didn't like feeling that "restricted". I knew that I wouldn't stick with it very long at the rate I was going. Yes, my weight loss slowed down, but as long as I was consistently losing, and I felt like I wasn't restricting myself too much, I was (am) happy. When I look back, I don't know how I ate only 1400 cals/day.

Yes i can tots relate to this @Mrs-Hoffer. I get very hangry ha ha!!! Hubby teases me about it all the time! Lol! I aim for 1500 calories these days but i also allow myself to eat up to my maintaince calories which is 1700 on days that im really hungry or wknds. Etc. Im really enjoying the flexibility. Xo
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 20 minutes on late night Cubii
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/12/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 140 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 17,800+ ......... 100 m Walking .... 40 m cleaning ....

Today Was another Productive Day ...... Along with lots of Family time

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    3rd pass day. Back in the saddle today! 5/12 sweets
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great article @Winner_in_Life !
    Lol @snowshoe072 on your "no log, no weigh" rule and how your curiousity makes you log :D
    I like the salad before the entree idea @clutterqueen ; I may try that some days.
    Interesting how changing our perspective & letting things go improves our state of being @MadisonMolly2017 .
    @biketheworld , Things I had to do to meet the UAC goals & maintain consistency:
    • I realised in Februay of this year that my bingeing was self sabotaging behaviour and I purchased a book to work through to stop it. I now know my triggers, and why I do it and I practice alternate behaviours/habits when I get the urge to stress/comfort eat.
    • I keep some low calorie, quick-to-prepare foods & frozen premade dinners etc on hand for days when I suddenly have to work late or if I'm too tired to prepare what I had planned.
    • I never quite feel full after I eat and want to keep eating so now I make myself wait 20 minutes before deciding whether I need a little more. Most times I am able to resist eating more.
    • I have a voracious appetite, so I tried to find some ways to cut calories during the day. One of them was making a "protein" coffee with protein powder and cashew milk. This balances my sugar nicely and allows me to have a small snack mid-morning which is usually a mini egg cake made with egg whites (to cut cals) or my latest is instant pot imitation Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites.
    • If I'm having an unusually hungry day, I'll try to eat some filling vegetables at my meals: like brussel sprouts, edamame, fava beans, broad beans, broccoli, etc. Or sometimes I just eat until I'm full, and that may leave only a couple 100 calories for supper. Then I'll go for a bike ride and swim, come in and eat a low calorie supper such as a low calorie protein and brussel sprouts. I find then I don't spend all afternoon snacking on things that don't satisfy and then over eat on my calorie budget (takes the obsession away for the aft'n). I find then at night I'm able to stick to just 200 calories with a cup of hot tea for supper and call it a day. (Also going for a bike ride itself seems to take away the "munchies" feeling for me.)
    • Sometimes I tide myself over in the afternoon with decaf coffee with or without protein powder; it's a great filler.
    Anyway those are the things I do currently to try to be consistent. I did try going for a 20 minute bike ride in the morning just to be sure I got my exercise in. But I have sleeping issues and if I have a bad night I reset my alarm for later so I'm not always consistent on that one lol. I eventually gave up that idea bc with it being summer, I don't really have issues getting outside even if I work late.

Yes x 3 today for me.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @Jana_2020 thanks for being so transparent and for sharing your thoughts/ideas. And I can certainly relate! I never thought of adding protein (powder) to my coffee - I will definitely try that one! Thanks again for a thought provoking post! :smile:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Higa2021 wrote: »
    3rd pass day. Back in the saddle today! 5/12 sweets

@Higa2021 Good for you for getting right back in the saddle! I'm at 3 pass days already as well! :disappointed: But we got this!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,955 Member
    Options
    7/12

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking, stretching and mini weights
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JULY 12

Exercised: Yes - bikram yoga...such a great class!
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    July 12

Exercise: 40 minutes stationary bike, 13 minutes elliptical, 50 minutes weight training, 45 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    JUL 12 - Pass day
    T ✅ | C ❎ | E ✅ [40 min walk]
    @Mrs_Hoffer Thank you for sharing! I tried juice fasting out of FOMO, but don't think I would do it again for that long!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    This was a pass day for me. We'd planned an evening walk and went out the door and it started raining. Having a great time being down with my family, though.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @Bovaryoo I'm glad that you're able to spend time with family - hopefully the weather is better tomorrow! :grin: