July 11 Sign In

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    11th July
    Yed yes yes.
    Another great topic guys. Well done @LazyBlondeChef and just wat i need to refocus on atm as been a bit lazier with workouts this month. I do 3 days of weight training and use to do walking 5 days a week but bin slack with walking so will def increase that this week. I wld also like to start up a yoga sesh & Hiit once a week along with stretching. I also do lots of cleaning and running around after bub. Night team im off to eat my dessert. Xo
  • thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    July 11

Yest to all questions.
    Pass day 2/3.

I know I'm the type of person who cannot stay in the same routine for long. So, when I start to feel that exercising is heavy duty, I try to change it to something else. When I started dieting on November 2020, all I did was walking. A month or two later, I printed a monthly calendar, and wrote multiple types of workouts: yoga, stairs climbing, muscle workout ... etc + walking everyday for a 10,000 steps minimum. But when I began to skip my schedules, I stopped filing it. Now I'm more into exercise when my body is ready. On Friday: stairs climbing, on Saturday: muscle workout, today just 30+ minutes of walking because I woke up sore. When I'm tired of this, I'll move to something else and when I'm highly motivated, I'll exercise more.

Goodnight 💜💛
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited July 2021
    @LazyBlondeChef Yes, thank you for another terrific post idea today!

I do walking and some strength training and am trying to add in more stretching/yoga -- and for that effort, have pulled a muscle in my lower back this week!!! For the most part, I have the same exercise routine everyday, and can always add in the rebounder or the treadmill if the weather is bad. Usually I just try to walk at least 30-40 mins everyday and perhaps longer on the weekends. As far as the strength training, I don't really enjoy it, but know that it's something I NEED to do because of my worsening bone density. Hopefully over time I'll begin to enjoy it a little as well. 😃

@stella7x7 you're having a very good month so far! WTG!

@donna25trinity Cleaning and running around after a little one is definitely considered exercise in my book!

@WhatMeRunning that's another great idea to switch up your routine every 6 weeks or so….

@thabit11 I like your plan and I think that many of us think similarly about being in the same routine for a long time - although I don't ever seem to tire of my walks. I live in the country and can go in different directions and always love the scenery and wildlife that I see!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    3xyes.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    July 11

✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ✅ - Calories within budget (46 under)
    ✅ - Tracked every detail I consumed (yes)

0 Pass Days Used

Personal Challenges Met: 7/11 days (2nd, 4th, 5th, 11th)
    ✅ - Net Carbs 30g or less (22g)
    ✅ - Protein 180g or more (191g)
    ❎ - All Scheduled Workouts Completed (1)
    • Missed - Long Run

As I mentioned earlier I didn't get today's planned long run in. I didn't do an alternative workout either as the kids kept us very busy today (so calling a yes on the 20+ minutes of activity). Hoping they wind down early to get a good nights sleep tonight, at some point the kids have to get tired too! (Right?)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited July 2021
    Intentional pass day - Family celebration of grandson's 18th birthday.
    ✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ❌ - Calories within budget (probably over due to not tracking and not being able to weigh portions)
    ❌ - Tracked everything

1️⃣ Pass Days Remaining

Exercise
    I aim for a minimum of 50 minutes of intentional exercise every day. Usually one or two short HIIT/walking videos, a strength circuit, and lots of short bursts. I often powerwalk around our downstairs during TV ad breaks, or use my dumbbells while waiting for the kettle to boil, etc
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021
    While keto's not my thing and my nutrition's all over the place, I read today's initial post from @WhatMeRunning and noticed many similarities in workout planning and philosophies (along with getting temporarily frustrated with bad forecasts). So 2x, cosigned and agreed lol

Yesterday and today are supposed to be rest days in my 90 day workout plan. But I attempted a 10 km PR today, although I realized by 5 km I wouldn't make up the time so stopped dead in my tracks 🙅🏿‍♀️

Will likely retry during the week...at a cooler temperature. Depends on the forecast 😉

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | 5km run (30) TOTAL: 30
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 347
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO |15%
    Pass Days Used:
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,518 Member
    I logged and stayed under. Today I was able to do some medicine ball slams and I did almost 13 minutes worth of spin biking. It felt really good my knee is not sore this evening and i am hoping for a lunchtime walk tomorrow if not to far.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    11 July

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    7/11

Today’s calories were a hot mess (BFF’s 2 year old’s bday party) but I did hit the gym and I’m pretty sure I tracked everything. It wasn’t pretty. 😬 Tomorrow is a new day.

Exercise: I have a routine, it’s what I do and I do it because it’s what I do on that day. My exercise routine is one habit my three week hiatus proved is very solid.

Sunday: 45 min call at gym (Alloy Afterburn)

Monday: Run (3)

Tuesday: 45 min call at gym (Alloy Industrial strength)

Wednesday: Run (3)

Thursday: 45 min call at gym (Alloy Afterburn)

Friday: Run, sometimes a longer (for me) run like 5 miles but lately it’s been hot as hell so I’ve been sticking to my normal 3 miles)

Saturday: Training session with personal trainer and then treadmill time.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @Mrs-Hoffer hope ur back feels better soon. Xox
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    7/11

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Used #3 pass
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    I find I need to change it up. I tend to alternate between spin, yoga, pilates, strength, and walking. Sometimes, I like to plan out the whole week. When I am in a rut I tell myself I will just do a few minutes, even 10 minutes (but end up doing a full workout normally).

Exercise: Morning and evening walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,165 Member
    I haven't moved much beyond swimming and biking for a couple of reasons. As I love to swim, it's easy to motivate myself to get moving. The winter will be the challenging part of the year for exercise for me.

Yes x 3 today.
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer So sorry to hear about your back! Hope you are on the mend soon!

I’m so impressed reading everyone’s exercise routine posts.

I’m definitely a girl who likes routine. First of all I always exercise first thing in the morning. When I worked and had to be at work early, I got up by 4:45 at the latest to get the exercise in because I never felt like doing it later in the day.
    For the most part I alternate doing a 6 1/2 mile jog, with cycle on my spin bike ( usually 20 miles or so). I also do a strength/weights routine twice a week, with an additional abbreviated version once a week. I’ve been adding to that routine over the years, while also increasing the weight and increasing my plank times. I’ve also been hiking more since we’ve moved to TN and recently added kayaking into the mix. If I hike 6 miles or more on a trail with good elevation gain, I’ll forgo the other cardio on that day.

Exercise:✅
    Tracked:✅
    Under:✅
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @clutterqueen I admire that you get up so early in the am to exercise! I already have to get up about 4:15am for work in Columbus (when I go into the office), so I just can't get up any earlier! But your exercise routine/plan is quite impressive!