July 10 Sign In

Options

Replies

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,704 Member
    Options
    It worked!!!

This is a spot near me that one needs to be careful at as it is a power dam on the Saranac River in Saranac NY hubby gets nervous if I get too close …. but I wanted a good shot
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I have really enjoyed learning about everyone's hobbies, there is such a fascinating mix of talents!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @JTreasures What a wonderful picture of your musical family!! 👪
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options

@aligatorob Im in love with your camper! I would love to have one, perhaps in another year, after I retire!

@seilidhe what a beautiful family you have as well! Ive got 425 days until MY retirement! And I totally agree with you on having to get a part time job (to keep my sanity!)
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/10/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 110 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 11,500+ ......... 80 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning ....

Today Was a Very Productive Day ... I am sooooo happy Son & his Fam are here
    & I am Very Proud of myself... I have NOT strayed off Track once !!!

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @snowshoe072 Great photo! One of the areas, I'm looking to retire to is the nearby Saranac Lake area.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,890 Member
    Options
    Gosh I love that I cannot keep up with everyone's posts!!!! What a fabulous amount of energy there is here this month. <3

July 11 - I posted my main hobby but forgot to post status. oops

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 2 run day. rarer and rarer in the tx summertime. A slower 6 miles and a 2 mile sprint. I am really pumped this year with my running. It turns out that the way to get faster is not to just run more. It's is important to have a base but without doing intervals or sprint workouts I never got any faster. This year I have broken 60 minutes multiple times on a 10k vs 1 time last year. I have almost half of all miles under a 10 min pace and quite a significant # under a 9 min pace. Last year I could count those on 1 hand.

Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Yes
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Yes

Maddie made a great point about spreading calories out and looking at weekly and monthly levels during maintenance. It is true. I took a pass day earlier this month but honestly altho that one day WAS over I had already leveled it out by 5 days later with just a little effort. And it was not a restriction but rather I just logged some of the overage on future days - a couple hundred each day and before too long it was history. ;) The important part to me WAS logging it all and learning to manage it over time. I also did not make any attempt to "exercise" the cals out but just keep my normal routines going. Exercise to me is not a punishment for over eating anymore. It's a joy to see what my body can do.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,347 Member
    Options
    7/10

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 😈
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left

We decided to go to Five Guys, I did have a lettuce cheeseburger wrap so yay for me plus it was DELICIOUS. The last time we went was before Covid, so it was well worth it. Time to jump back on the horse……
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @alligatorob - what a great looking trailer - is that an airstream? I’d like something small that I can pull with my Outback but am also considering buying a vehicle that can pull more weight.

I often say that my biggest problem is too many hobbies and not enough time. Throw in the fact that hubbies hobby is watching TV and he really cherishes me sitting with him at night watching shows. I do it because it’s important to him and good for us, but if that TV died tomorrow I would not care. This means, however, that I don’t spend as much time on my own hobbies as I’d like because there’s only so much time in a day. However, my official retirement date (long story that I won’t explain now) is August 31. So at that point I will have more time for:
    • Biking
    • Quilting
    • Running
    • Hiking
    • Kayaking
    • Gardening
    • Reading
    • The yard/semi-jungle 3 acres we own
    • Sewing
    • Knitting
    • Grandkids
    • Piano
    • Traveling
    • Camping
    • I wonder what I’ve forgotten.

Having owned a horse for about 6 years, I really miss the riding, the smells, being in the barn, going to shows. But I have accepted the fact that unless a grandchild takes an interest, my horse days are in the past and it’s probably time to donate that saddle that’s just taking up space in our shed.
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    July 10

Exercise: 76 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking; yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Gosh I love that I cannot keep up with everyone's posts!!!! What a fabulous amount of energy there is here this month. <3
    July 11 - I posted my main hobby but forgot to post status. oops

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 2 run day. rarer and rarer in the tx summertime. A slower 6 miles and a 2 mile sprint. I am really pumped this year with my running. It turns out that the way to get faster is not to just run more. It's is important to have a base but without doing intervals or sprint workouts I never got any faster. This year I have broken 60 minutes multiple times on a 10k vs 1 time last year. I have almost half of all miles under a 10 min pace and quite a significant # under a 9 min pace. Last year I could count those on 1 hand.

Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Yes
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Yes
    Maddie made a great point about spreading calories out and looking at weekly and monthly levels during maintenance. It is true. I took a pass day earlier this month but honestly altho that one day WAS over I had already leveled it out by 5 days later with just a little effort. And it was not a restriction but rather I just logged some of the overage on future days - a couple hundred each day and before too long it was history. ;) The important part to me WAS logging it all and learning to manage it over time. I also did not make any attempt to "exercise" the cals out but just keep my normal routines going. Exercise to me is not a punishment for over eating anymore. It's a joy to see what my body can do.

I agree, we've had some really insightful topics and conversations this month! And thanks for sharing your insight about your running as well. You are so right about it being important to just continue to log everything and learning to manage it over time.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3

2x yes

3/3
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Today's discussion really gave a sense of who we all are beyond fellow calorie counters! I really enjoyed reading through them.
    @_JeffreyD_ Very cool family-engaging ideas! I might look into inktober this fall.