July 7 Sign In

Options

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - I feel like I could learn a lot from you about parenting patience and keeping a positive attitude - which you keep a hold of in an impressive way. I find myself way too angry way too often and that's no good for anyone.
  • mshawski
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Have you ever shared your art with the group? (My apologies if I missed it). I'd love to see it, and I'm sure others would as well!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3

3x yes

2/3
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri that is so lovely. I am so happy for the both of you 😭😭
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/7/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 160 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 19,400 ......... 100 m Walking .... 60m cleaning ....

My work is paying off... I document Weigh-ins on Wed. & Sun. I lost another 2 lbs since Sun.
    Today Was a Very Productive Day ... I am sooooo excited Sons will be here soon...

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Posted this last big in the 7/6 sign in. Oops.

7/7/2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep. Part of my daily 20+ minutes is the brisk walk from courthouse to bus transit center after work, but today hearings ran late so the judge was nice enough to offer me a ride home. I only accepted because I know she lives in the general vicinity. Otherwise, I'd have just waited for the next bus and it would have been nearly 7 before I got home. Ugh. As it was, it was 6:30, which is actually only half an hour later than normal. Since I left work about 45 minutes later than usual, I guess that's not too bad. (The difference between driving yourself and public transit). Anyways, after dinner (unhealthy as all get out), I took Sienna for a walk. It was like a freakin' sauna out there, but we got in almost 1.4 miles, with a stop to visit with her "boyfriend" and a run through the sprinklers. I should probably clarify, she ran away from the sprinklers, pulling me through them as she made a beeline for dry sidewalk. Hahahah!

Did I meet my calorie goal? Yes, but had to use exercise calories to do so.

Did I track everything? Yep, I did.

Pass Days = 3/3 still (I think? I'll need to go back and look again. I'll adjust tomorrow if I need to.)

How July going? *shrug* Is going. One day at a time. And trying to make the best possible choices in any situation. :)
  • mshawski
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    @WhatMeRunning - I feel like I could learn a lot from you about parenting patience and keeping a positive attitude - which you keep a hold of in an impressive way. I find myself way too angry way too often and that's no good for anyone.
    I try. And sometimes fail. But I have to keep trying. I love those little *kittens* (I typed kittens that time). Things only seem to get better when I am able to stay on top of it all. It's when I feel broken and give up that things slowly spiral downward again, not only for myself, but for the rest of the family too. My wife and I are our biggest allies and support. When one of us is weak the other always seems strong. On the rare occasion we are both down, that oddly can help to remind us that we have to adjust our attitudes and do something. I don't know if that works for everyone, but it's what seems to have worked for us. It's not easy, but is just what needs to be done.

Love this!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @mshawski - I was editing to add this, saw you commented, so making it a new post. lol

As for anger, wow...I was never a patient guy. I was always a semi-perfectionist. I had patience to it's limits and then would get really angry. The worst part is I am still that way, only a whole lot more muted, wiser, whatever, not sure, but miles away from where I used to be.

I still blow up. And not just once in a great while, my kids test every limit imaginable, push all the buttons all at once, find new buttons, and then find a way to throw in something even more unexpected into the mix. And they often laugh when it sets one of us off (might be nervous laughter for all I know).

My 21 year old who was the first with severe autism has a great number of issues from having to bear the brunt of me learning how to deal with autism. And from my wife too. I'm able to recognize now that when I lose it over one of the younger ones, who act out in many of the same ways that the older one did, that they start responding similar to how he did. That has helped in that I really don't want to make things more difficult than they already will be by adding more issues than are already there.
  • mshawski
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - I feel like the power children have to find the buttons that will set their parents off is just uncanny. Like, it’s a super power we should figure out how harness for the greater good of humanity somehow.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    exercise:
    20 minutes stretch session
    5 minute meditation

calorie budget: check

food tracking: check
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    July 7th followed the same pattern as July 6th. Perfect day until no exercise, then ate over. But I only went over by a small amount. So far, the 8th is looking the same. Weight is holding though. :)
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,713 Member
    Options
    Posting this on Thursday evening, I had no internet connection yesterday. I'm away in my motorhome for a few days.
    I planned, prepped and prelogged my meals for Wednesday, so the calories were ok.
    Spent an hour or so getting ready in the morning, up and down stairs, in and out to the van. Then driving several hours to the campsite. We had a walk in the evening, so did get more than 20 minutes exercise.
    So three years.
    I'm using my phone which makes commenting awkward, but I have read some great posts.
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Me too! Reading @WhatMeRunning 's comments today made something click for me. I've been feeling blue about something recently and now will work on a shift.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    July 7, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (6 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Have you ever shared your art with the group? (My apologies if I missed it). I'd love to see it, and I'm sure others would as well!

How kind of you @mshawski! I’m not sure I have…let me think about that! Thanks❣️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

How kind of you @mshawski! I’m not sure I have…let me think about that! Thanks❣️

💕👀💕
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    JULY 7

Exercised: Yes - Hike around the lake
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used

Temps are hot here - humid - wanted to hit the gym just for air conditioning but time was not on my side...