Thursday Cuppa Joe 6.24.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up." - Rocky Balboa

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Busy busy day ahead.

Waving as I fly by......

Lou? Hope you get a ratified contract this week!

#Lucy? #Larry?

~Skip
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Man, this summer is FLYING by! Hard to believe it's already the end of June!

I'm going to call the vet for Etta today. She was at the farm last weekend, and she came home with some skin abrasions and sores that are really bothering her. They said that she got stung a couple times by some bees, and bit by ants when she slept on an anthill. I'm wondering if perhaps the stinger is still in the there and that's what's hurting, but she doesn't like me to get too close to it and she doesn't like to stay still so I can see. There's also a weird patch on her backside that has no fur and is pretty red. I just found it last night.

(((((Babe)))))) The bodysuit is kinda sporty, though!
    It was cold here, too, Kelly and Skip. Today is supposed to be high 70's, though. That will feel better.
    Are your parents in Chicago, Lou?
    Dave, 16 miles with all that climbing? YOU DA MAN!
    Enjoy Texas, Steph!
    I'll bet you're pretty happy to see all that estate stuff coming to a close, Dennis! That's quite a job.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

So the temps are tool cool, back your way. We are under an extreme heat warning. The Pacific Northwest is always opposite. Today is nice - 52 this morning, with a high in the low 80s. This weekend is forecast to be well over 100. That just doesn't happen here. A majority of homes in Western Washington lack AC, too.

I'll get out to mow the lawn today, so I don't need to when it is really hot.

Hope all the canine patients feel better soon.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Cool here as well.

Definitely sounds like poor Etta needs some professional attention and I think she should be seen today, Lisa. From your description she has a hot spot on her rump and may develop more if not attended to quickly.

BadassLucy likes to sit in my lap and then rest her chin on my chest and look adoringly into my eyes. I fall for it every time. I tell her I love her and then she lunges for my lip or nose with her sharp teeth. Every time I fall for "the look".

She is definitely fun but absolutely a lot of work as she learns about potty training and being a good citizen.

Babe is fine other than her nose being a bit out of joint.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I got up early and made breakfast for the Methodist Men's meeting.
    • I have a Windows seminar here in a few.
    • Hi to all. May the IL condo sale proceed without any serious curveballs.
    • Get well wishes for Etta.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    ♥️Etta - get better soon!
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    June is flying by too fast... the wedding is sneaking up too! Less than 3months!

Busy day today in office 7 to 4pm blahhh. I'd rather work from home M-F. Seems Tues, Thur will be in office days for me. Oh well so it goes, or so it went... should I say lol.

Prices are soaring in material and parts globally. Its nuts. They are quoting with validity one week at best. The ports are jammed up with freight, their behind weeks on being able to get it dispersed. Chicago shipyard is telling me they have 2,000 rail containers to get to. My stuff is somewhere in there ugghh.

Stay cool this weekend Dave. Triple digits yikes!

Steph, we did the Stockkyards, tourist thing in Fort Worth... and had some famous BBQ in downtown Ft. Worth...safe travels

Good nite gang
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hope Etta is ok!

Skip how'd Cooper do while you were away?