Today I'm Grateful For...

Options
wizardhowl42
wizardhowl42 Posts: 232 Member
That I figured out how to use this site!

Replies

• silverwitch5921
    silverwitch5921 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finding the group
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Humor
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    That I was able to help a co-worker with a problem today.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    The sunrise (which I rarely see)
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Cooler weather
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    That I really kicked butt at work today. I processed payroll for about 10 companies today all by myself! My co-worker is on vacation so I had to do everything yesterday and today.
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    That today is over. It was a really busy day!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    That we’re getting our termite problems resolved. It’s noisy, but they are almost done! The plumbing & irrigation work was completed earlier this week,”. Will have plumber back - since we liked his work - next week for some pipe replacements.

We’re getting those big, $$$ jobs done that we procrastinate usually.

Grateful we pulled it off this time!

Next up: long overdue hearing baseline tests for us both.
  • silverwitch5921
    Options
    Getting through yesterday without being sad all day. It was the 8th anniversary of my sons death. I only fell down the rabbit holeonce when i came across a poem he wrote me years ago.
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    That I feel more rested today. The last two weekends I have been absolutely exhausted and I slept pretty much the entire weekend. I woke up earlier (8:30 am) today than usual and I feel much better today than last week Saturday.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Getting through yesterday without being sad all day. It was the 8th anniversary of my sons death. I only fell down the rabbit holeonce when i came across a poem he wrote me years ago.

@silverwitch5921 I am so sorry fo your loss. Anniversaries are so tough. We are coming up on the anniversary of a similar, yet different, tragedy later in July. 10 years.
    Big hugs 🌸Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    That I feel more rested today. The last two weekends I have been absolutely exhausted and I slept pretty much the entire weekend. I woke up earlier (8:30 am) today than usual and I feel much better today than last week Saturday.

I’m glad you are feeling better @wizardhowl42 !! Yay!
    🌸Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Grateful that I identified & corrected my slight veering off of a few of my maintenance habits! Only 1.3-1.5 lbs left to trim back to my Safe Zone!
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    That there was no traffic going to or from work today. Yes, I had to work today when most other people didn't. I "flew" home!
  • silverwitch5921
    Options
    That I am getting back on track after my friends visit . We were really off the rails :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    That I got a huge insight…
    That there are many things I wish were different & I have been letting them stress me.

Now, I take in a deep breath & as I exhale I say to myself “letting go of how I might wish things are different…”

That often I’m eating to get relief from the worry/anger/powerlessness.

It’s a game changer.
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    I had an appt with a doctor in Preventative Medicine this evening. He told me something huge - I have already lost 10% of my body weight (about 25 lbs. in my case) and kept it off, so I am doing good no matter what! That made me feel so much better. I have been going between 180-190 for the last year and can't seem to get below that. We made a plan for what I'm going to do (eating out less and exercising more) and we'll see where I am two months from now.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Grateful for an amazing anniversary yesterday! ❤️
  • silverwitch5921
    Options
    More Rain :)
  • wizardhowl42
    Options
    Oh I wish it would rain here... It's soooo hot and dry.

I'm grateful that my car repair today wasn't more expensive. I have a bad sensor but it doesn't affect the car really. No need to spend gobs of money changing it as the car drives fine.