Friday Cuppa Joe 7.2.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"If it's out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind, too." - Ivan Nuru

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Options
    Happy Friday, BBB! And not just ANY Friday ... it's a HOLIDAY WEEKEND FRIDAY! Woot woot!
    Whatcha all doing for the holiday? Whatcha grillin'?

We have date night tonight, and I think we're going to go to Saugatuck. It's a quaint little town on the water with several blocks of whimsical shops to peruse. We love walking the boardwalk and looking at all the cool boats. We usually eat somowhere right on the water, too. Then tomorrow we're babysitting Baby J, and a couple friend of our is coming over to visit. Sunday we have church and then a cookout for the family on our new deck. I'm grilling steaks, which I'm going to drizzle with melted boursin cheese, and serving it with garlic bread and a salad that has lots of greens, cauliflower (white), blueberries, strawberries, and a little fresh mint. I'm making a homemade dressing for it with Michigan Cherry balsamic, cream, a bit of dijon, and some other ingredients. I think I'll get something premade for dessert ... probably ice cream.

Oh! And you'd asked about Etta, Lee. She's getting better. The vet thinks it's allergies. He gave her a shot, plus put her an an antibiotic. We continued to give her bendryl for a few days, too. I brushed her (VERY gently) on Wedneday and a lot of the scabs are breaking up and dissipating ... I got some of it out of her fur. We have our summer up north trip coming up, and we're trying to figure out what to do with her instead of letting her go to the farm. Her old family is going to be heartbroken, but I'm just not sure what else to do.
  • Authenticity3
    Options
    And that quote was the one I used to close my workshops this week. It was a POWERFUL topic and I loved every second of them!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Have the vet prescribe apoquel (to prevent allergic itching) for Etta and start it before taking her to the farm and have then give it to her twice daily while there. We use a lot of that medication in our practice for management of allergic dermatitis.

That is a good quote.

BBB OP ;-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Rain all night (we needed it) - but looks like rest of day/evening should be nice. Our neighborhood band/fireworks display is tonight - so hoping that the weather cooperates.

Lou - happy to hear the great news!
    Sounds like a busy weekend, Lisa!
    Mary - whats next on the interview schedules for DS?

Returning to dinner with neighbors to our favorite restaurant tomorrow night. Best steaks and wine list in town. Great neighbors and friends. Looking forward. Sunday is hopeful pool day; bbq; and street fireworks BYOB event; Should be a fund weekend.

Cheers for a safe/holiday weekend!

~Skipper
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I'm taking the car in for brake work in a bit. Then off to the storage bin to get the suitcases and starting laundry. Yup. I know how to party on my day off.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Had a great day on the trail, yesterday. I am really pleased with the level of fitness, I seem to be developing. I do this hike almost every year, at least once. I felt energetic the whole way out and back. Longish hike, too: 19.2 miles.

Got home and relaxing when I got this in a message from our breeder.

qkzq57sxe8x7.jpg

The litter was born yesterday morning. One of these little cuties will be joining our family. We'll drive down to visit in a couple weeks, when they're ready for more socialization.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Congrats Dave! Great news and adorable photo. I count nine pups.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Puppies! I also see 9

Sounds like Lisa has a great time planned!

I started a new book and have my coffee brewing . Paid a visit to my 2 little buddies from home neighborhood yesterday last afternoon.They are near by the lake 20min. South at their grandparents. Grampa took us for a ride down the Wisconsin River. Gorgeous home right on the river. 40yrs they've lived their. The littlest got 3 stitches in his foot on side by the baby toe. So I brought him gifts, legos, for quiet time since he can't swim for a week. Puts a big damper on their plans at the river house.

I'm going to use the tripod on a open wood fire, for BBQ chicken for Tom . Also play with blackstone griddle, love It! Philly cheese steaks, breakfast, etc. May try pizza on it too.

By safe and enjoy Friday!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Yay for new puppies

No big plans here. We usually stay clear of big crowds (pre and post covid) might go to the bookstore this afternoon.

Bug fireworks show on Sunday not too far from here so I'm guessing we cam watch from the backyard.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT, SGM! #outstanding!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Gotta love the puppies. They're adorable.
    • Great quote Lisa. Shades of the Serenity Prayer.
    • Our 'hood is celebrating Independence Day tomorrow with our annual golf cart parade and cook out. I'm manning the grills.
    • Houston, I have to remember Steph is in Houston. She reminds me of Carmen Sandiego.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    No big plans here so far,
    DD is bringing DMIL back tonight, could fix supper for them but that would be rewarding them for punishing us. But we have had two weeks without her.
    Suppose to be a beautiful three days here after rain moves out this afternoon, highs upper 80's low 90's
    Be safe everyone, enjoy Holiday
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Yup. We are in Sugarland, a suburb if Houston.