Meal Guidance-KitchenPal app

xReadyAimMissx
xReadyAimMissx Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2021 in Social Groups
Hi everyone. I thought I'd share an app I use to help me figure out what kind of meals to make and keep my kitchen organized. I started using KitchenPal, because I wanted a way to basically keep an inventory of everything in my kitchen. We've wasted a lot of money on spoiled food or thought we had something that we didn't. After I started using it, I realized that it also suggests meals you can make based on the things you've added to your kitchen in the app. I can't cook well, so this has been helping me a lot. You literally scan the barcode on your groceries with your phones camera to add the items to your kitchen in the app. Most of the time the exact item will show up to select. You can set the expiration date, quantity, add/update nutritional facts etc. If scanning the item brings up nothing in the app, then you can add it yourself. Then any time you or anyone else scans that item to add it to your kitchen, the information you added last time will show up for anyone to select and add it. It also let's you choose if the item your adding is located in your freezer, refrigerator or pantry. You can make custome locations like counter or extra freezer, like I did, but that is part of the paid version of the app. Anyways, I know there is likely stuff I'm forgetting since it's still new to me, but thought this might help some people out. Sorry for any typos, on mobile and sleepy.