Self-Care

aliru108
aliru108 Posts: 94 Member
This will be short and sweet -I hope.-

It is obvious to me, after reading the posts in this little (but very special) group, that we have all gone through immeasurable pain that has been only exacerbated with all the happenings of last year. It is also evident that one of the strategies that we have found to cope is eating. A lot.
However, I believe that we also have coping skills that are healthy and nurturing to the soul. If you'd like, remind yourself -and share with us in the process- those coping skills and tricks that you know can assist you in remaining focused on your weight loss journey!

Mine are:
* Ask my friends and family to share recipes that have the following requirements: low calories, balanced, big portion for hungry girl (aka me) and last but not least, it has to be delicious!
* Logging my meals ahead of time so I don't end up over eating (too much)
* Imagining my future. For example, being able to wear my special dress on my 40th birthday, being able to meet my grandkids one day.
* Keeping a calendar where I keep myself accountable of my self-care: Did I exercise today? Took care of my face? Did I do my meditation today?
- Weekly weigh in

Always wishing you the best in your journey, and looking forward to acquiring some new skills,

- A