I am FOBulous (Fat, Old, Broken), but I want to be FABULOUS!

Options
sradabaugh1
sradabaugh1 Posts: 1 Member
I have been overweight my whole life. During this pandemic, I have watched my weight increase to an all-time high to 387 lbs. I have excuse after excuse...my daughter married a Canadian and they have been in Canada for the last year and a half with my baby grandson. We have had to cancel her "wedding" not once, but twice. She did get married by the judge at his house to get her passport updated, but no walking her down the aisle, no first dance, no cake cutting. My son's family continues to be concerned about overall health issues and we have limited visits with lots of distancing. The swimming pool that I depend upon for all of my exercise needs was closed for months and then an entire year, workouts outside of a pool are extremely difficult. My psychiatrist was released of duties at my doctor's office...yes seriously, let's cut costs by getting rid of the psychiatrist during a global pandemic. My FOBulous work-out group of 5 co-workers could no longer work out together, a very beneficial support group mentally and physically. I am simply over it.

During the last year, I have had success in other ways. More time to read, so I now have a better understanding of my health problems: Diabetes type II, nocturnal hypoxemia, and gallbladder removal. I have counted calories, counted carbs, limited fats, drank shakes, tripped myself up over too many diet fads to even mention. I have done Zumba, Beach Body, Body Groove, walked, swam, lifted weights. I dropped my A1C by 2 points (then watched it climb back up 1.2 pts). I have spent more time with my husband and fallen in and out and back into love all over again.

The pool is open again, my daughter is still in Canada, my son is still distancing, my friends have their own struggles but I am done with the excuses. I was so depressed and life-less for too long. I need to hold myself accountable, but can't find a good counselor to return to...so I am seeking the support of strangers who truly know my struggles.

After talking to my doctor, doing lots of reading and research, we are working on a plan that works for me and something I can actually live with. Now I just need to have some fun, focus, and get FABULOUS!

Beginning weight 387 lbs
Current weight 387 lbs
Milestone weight 280 lbs...my weight after have my two kids.
Goal weight 187 lbs

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    This pandemic really messed up a lot of people.
    I used to swim 5-6 days a week and my indoor pool also closed and now it’s permanent. Not that it matters as I am terrified to do things inside still anyway.
    My weight has sky rocketed and I am having some pretty significant heart issues currently. Likely a combination of being so inactive for 18 months, being a T1D for over 3 decades and overweight my whole life. I am trying to get this back under control but it’s so hard.