What's on your mind today?

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??
Β«13

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @Geneveremfp YES! My suggestion would be to plan ahead (pre-log) as much as possible for the day! Perhaps eat some fresh veggies before you go so you're not starving when you get there! Have fun! Ill be looking forward to your post this evening to see how you do!! 😊
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~ πŸ’• ~🌻~ πŸ’• ~🌞~ πŸ’• ~β˜€οΈ~ πŸ’• ~🌞~πŸ’•~🌻~πŸ’•~🌞~πŸ’•~β˜€οΈ~πŸ’•~🌞~πŸ’•~🌻~πŸ’•~🌞~ πŸ’• ~β˜€οΈ~ πŸ’• ~🌞~ πŸ’• ~🌻~ πŸ’• ~

rhm7viq34wbm.jpg

~ πŸ’• ~🌻~ πŸ’• ~🌞~ πŸ’• ~β˜€οΈ~ πŸ’• ~🌞~πŸ’•~🌻~πŸ’•~🌞~πŸ’•~β˜€οΈ~πŸ’•~🌞~πŸ’•~🌻~πŸ’•~🌞~ πŸ’• ~β˜€οΈ~ πŸ’• ~🌞~ πŸ’• ~🌻~ πŸ’• ~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~Waving Hi~ Wishing You a SUNsational SUNday ~And~ a WONDER-filled Week ahead~

~πŸ’•~ May We ALL find August Filled with an ABUNDANCE of LOVE ~πŸ’•~ along with LOVEly Memories to pass around ~πŸ’•~

"Remember to be gentle with yourself and others. We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom
    while others lay brown beneath the August sun." ~ ~ ~ Kent Nerburn

• DebyS137
    Options
    ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’•~πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’•~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~ πŸ’• ~⛡️~πŸ’•~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ ⛡️ ~πŸ’• ~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~ πŸ’• ~⛡️~πŸ’•~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’• ~πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’•~
    ~Welcome to Today~a57nvyvj5cfm.gif~BLESSings~ALLways~
    ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’•~πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’•~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~ πŸ’• ~⛡️~πŸ’•~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ ⛡️ ~πŸ’• ~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~ πŸ’• ~⛡️~πŸ’•~ πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’• ~πŸš£πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ~πŸ’•~⛡️~πŸ’•~

zvm4uhdplp85.gif~Waving Hi~ And ~Wishing You a Most MARVElous Monday And a WONDERfilled Week~

WELCOME to a New Day ~And~ Week Filled with SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many MARVELous WONDERfull Possibilities

"One can remain eternally young if ..... Each day, one grows rich by marvelous moments." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Romy Schneider~ ~ ~ ~

• thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Have anyone here ever watched: super skinny vs super size? I have started watching the show for a while now on YouTube and I gotta say, it helped me tremendously on stopping the over eating.
  • DebyS137
    Options
    ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ 🌊 ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ 🌊 ~ πŸ’• ~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~ πŸ’• ~ 🌊 ~ πŸ’• ~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ 🌊 ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~

rp0zfcrb0b6f.jpg

~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ 🌊 ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ 🌊 ~ πŸ’• ~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~ πŸ’• ~ 🌊 ~ πŸ’• ~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~ 🌊 ~πŸ’•~ πŸ„πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ ~πŸ’•~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~~ Waving Hello ~~ Good Morning ~~ Wishing Everyone a LOVEly TERRIFIC Tuesday ~~

@thabit11 No I havent...

"I think I'm going to end up as one Terrific old lady!" ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Kathryn Harrold~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    thabit11 wrote: Β»
    Have anyone here ever watched: super skinny vs super size? I have started watching the show for a while now on YouTube and I gotta say, it helped me tremendously on stopping the over eating.

@thabit11 I have heard about it, but never watched it before.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,608 Member
    Options
    @thabit11 I think I've seen that show ages ago - is it the one where they swap diets between an undereater and an overeater? The food tube thing is gross but so powerful in its imagery.
  • thabit11
    Options
    @TwistedSassette yes, that's the show. They also started, in a different season, to send them to other people who are suffering after having similar diets. I believe, I lost my craving to sweets after watching the show. Hopefully for the long run.
  • DebyS137
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ~ πŸ’• ~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~ πŸ’• ~

~Welcome to a LOVEly New Day ~1do5uizxvpas.gif~~BLESSings~~ALLways~~Deby~~

~ πŸ’• ~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~πŸ’•~πŸ¦‹~πŸ’•~🌟~ πŸ’• ~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ ~ Waving Hi ~ ~ Wishing Everyone ~ ~ a WOOHOO WEIRDnWILDnWISE Wednesday ~ ~

"Cherish sunsets, wild creatures and wild places. Have a LOVE affair with the wonder and beauty of the earth." ~ ~Stewart Udall~ ~

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,005 Member
    Options
    @thabit11 wow watched an episode today, very confronting! So pleased to hear it made u quit sweets! Well done to you, def not easy but life changing change! Im hoping with time it will influence me in the same way. He he! Xo
  • DebyS137
    Options
    ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~

bonsqh132tfy.jpg

~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~ 🌴 ~πŸ’•~ 🏝 ~πŸ’•~

4kieyzice6mq.gif~ Waving Hi ~ Wishing You ~ The Most Positively LOVEly THOUGHT-filled Thursday ~

"Everything you want to accomplish is already within yourself so when you start to roll in self-doubt and think negative thoughts then
    you'll fall off. So keep visualising and keep knowing what you're destined for, it'll come to you." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ NLE Choppa ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

• thabit11
    Options
    @donna25trinity I didn't entirely stop eating sweets, but I don't currently have the problem of not being able to stop eating it. I can take a measured amount and I don't feel like taking a second. So it's a prgress, and hopefully I'll quit it eventually.

Since this is helpful to me, I'm looking for other shows that talk about people experiences and struggles with weight loss. I do hear the prodcast of half size me when I walk.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I have a question for everyone. I have always struggled to try to find my "way" in posting and getting connected in the group. I am readjusting my schedule and routine, so maybe posting in the morning is not best for me since I feel rushed. Or maybe I just need to go about staying on top of things differently. Or a combination of both??

The problem is, to be honest, I really don't have a plan or a system on how to read the posts and how to stay on top of everyone's posts. So I wanted to ask how everyone handles that. Do you read the posts daily? Multiple times a day? Read every day's entry? Or just post in the what is on your mind section?

I need to be involved more in the UAC because the UAC is the only "support group" I have for healthy goals and a healthy lifestyle. My goal for August is to develop posting consistently and not disappearing after I am disqualified in addition to developing a system to stay involved and social in the group. :smile:
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    Hi @KCJen - I am brand new to MFP and this is my first challenge. I am mostly using the entry for each day (August 1, 2, etc) for participation and learning about/supporting others. I can see β€œNew” on the table of contents and it prompts me that there are new postings since the last time I read the entries. I go back to look at previous days where new entries have been made as I know we are from all over the world and in different time zones. Not sure if that helps?
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi @KCJen. Welcome. I tend to sign into the UAC once a day, maybe twice, if I get a morning break. Otherwise, it's at night as I prepare to add my daily entry. I look to see where new posts are, read those first, then read the new posts for the specific day I'm adding to before I write my post. It works for me. :)