Introductions!

Options

Replies

• oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    This will be my eighth month of the UAC. Good luck to everyone!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    We're glad to have you and look forward to getting to know each of you better!
    epthd59wa3i2.jpg

@JCHDog WELCOME! And I have to agree with the coaches about the fad diets! The 3 "rules" or pillars of the UAC are Tracking (track every.single.thing you put into your mouth!!), Calories (you set your own goal, and then you make sure that you stay UNDER it!!), and Exercise (minimum 20 mins/day). These 3 rules seem simple enough..... but it's certainly not easy! :)

@orliginsburg Orli, we're glad to have you with us as well! That probably is a lot of weight when you're only 5' :smile: But being half way to your goal is awesome news! You've come to the right place and will love the encouragement and friendliness in this group. WELCOME!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found you! I am one week new to MFP and have tracked every day so far and know that this UAC is going to be a really good place for me, especially in this first month. I am a 57 year old married Canadian with one adult (newly called to the bar and recently moved to another city) daughter. Please do feel free to “friend” me — happy to give and receive encouragement. 🥰 Julie
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found you! I am one week new to MFP and have tracked every day so far and know that this UAC is going to be a really good place for me, especially in this first month. I am a 57 year old married Canadian with one adult (newly called to the bar and recently moved to another city) daughter. Please do feel free to “friend” me — happy to give and receive encouragement. 🥰 Julie

WELCOME Julie! @jamcnewman We're glad that you found us too!! :smiley:
  • CleaCaro
    CleaCaro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m Clea from London, UK. I’m here to lose 15 pounds and it’s my first challenge ever, hope it goes well for all of us 👍
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @clealapouge WELCOME! We're glad you're here and excited that this is your first challenge ever! :) If you haven't already done so, check out the "RULES" and the "FAQs" threads, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any! Even though you're in London, UK (and on the other side of the globe from many of us :) ), you'll still post at the end of your day on that days' thread. :) I'm looking forward to getting to know you a little and walk this journey together!
  • crusherbrickman
    crusherbrickman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been slacking on my tracking lately and weight loss (lack of) eflects that. Trying get back to tracking EVERYTHING.
    SW:290
    CW:240.8
    GW: ONEDERLAND! but August goal is to lose about 10 lbs so I'm at 60lbs lost when I go back to office in Sept.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @crusherbrickman We're soooo glad to have you! :blush: And you're absolutely right - you have to track it in order to be able to "tweak" it!! :) CONGRATS on your weight loss thus far! You're doing terrific! :) WELCOME!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Hi @KCJen - I am Julie. How many UAC challenges have you done? Your goal is super! How old is your son? Our daughter is 27 and she and I did WW together years ago (successfully at that time). Now I am here losing that weight again and will be on the lifelong journey to keep it from finding me again.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman I am here to lose weight as well and this time to learn to have a healthy lifestyle. :)