August 10

Options

Replies

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe

I ride a mountain bike with really good knobby tires are we are very close to the trails in our neighborhood it’s pretty good on the road as well gets me through the sand in the spring. Mine is a Mt. Shasta it’s over 30 yo and still handles like new I don’t even know if they still make them but it has 21 gears which make for easy work of it at times it’s on its way to the shop now for a tune up good luck in your bike shopping
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette

Hope you feel better soon GT is not so hard thanks for the push to try.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette I sure hope your test is negative and that you feel better SOON!!!! :(

@Healthymumlife awesome job "staying strong" and not caving!!! Kudos!! :)

@seilidhe FANTASTIC "3-Yes" day! Yesssss! ;)

@calvin20874 Ooooh! Enjoy Hawaii!!! I'm so jealous! ;)
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,186 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman - hang in there. Some days everything seems good, some days it’s a struggle. Are you familiar with the half size me podcast? Several of us are fans. If you’d like, I can recommend some of my favorite episodes that really transformed my approach to weight loss.

Thanks so much @biketheworld for the suggestion and for your encouragement 🥰 I’d love some episode recommendations — they have SO many episodes!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I feel like I should write you a check every month for counseling/therapy fees. You are extraordinarily full of wisdom and insight.

@biketheworld
    You are so kind! I have spent a fair amount of the past 5-3/4 years really working to figure this out.

Each of us DOES have our own path, but I do believe that the path can be made easier in many ways!

Your appreciation inspires me to keep pecking away on my phone… my motto is “if it helps just one person….”

Thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Pass days left:2
    Crazy week.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer thanks! I've been here before but it was about a year ago. It's an incredible resource. Happy to be back here.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    10/08/2021
    Exercise – yes, bike ride 60+ minutes, plus light cardio (ribs still sore)
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes

@biketheworld great topic today, thanks. I think it applies to all sorts of different situations where we feel faced with an impossible task. Certainly, weight loss and/or developing health lifestyle can appear daunting at first.

@seilidhe
    I have three bikes – the oldest is a bog standard, general purpose, bike (21 gears which helps with hills) which I've had for about 15 years. The next was a folding bike which I used to put in the boot of the car, drive part way to work, park, unpack the bike and ride the last 2 miles. (My commute was 9 miles with a nasty hill and several miles of busy main road, this plan worked brilliantly until my friend moved house so I didn’t have anywhere convenient to leave the car). My lovely new bike is electric and the most fun! It also folds so I can get it in the car if I want to take it anywhere.