Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Treadmill: 36 min / 2.0 mi
    • Legs WO
    • Glutes WO
    • Pool (light exercise)
    Passes used: 0/3
    Apple rings closed: 8/31

Regarding vacations ... overeating is not the issue for me. Nor are desserts as I rarely eat them. The problem is the high calories of most restaurant food compared to what I make at home. I don't eat at chains very often but there is one decent one that I do sometimes go to. They offer nutritional information on their web site. It's truly shocking to me how caloric some items are ... as much as 2000 for an entree. They must use a lot of fat/oil. I eat in the range of 1200-1400 per day currently though it'll be higher during vacation. Regardless, 2000 for one meal isn't practical.

Also, this particular trip we're taking is specifically to eat at our favorite restaurant ever for all three nights so the food is the primary component. I know not everyone understands that but excellent food is important to me and my partner. Especially when traveling internationally.

I'm sorry some of you don't take actual vacations. When I still worked I lived for them along with the holiday weekends. I was on call for the majority of my working years so I valued my time off. Although when I think back I don't think I took many when I was young. I still took time off but it was mostly staycation style.

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    @mikeandbethwilliams - welcome to the group. Don’t stress about this. Start slow. Give yourself grace. If you fail one day, you come back the next. Consistency is the key, not perfection.

Yes to all 3

Pass days: 1/3

Freggie report:

Week of July 18 avg 4.42/day
    Week of July 25 avg 3.42
    Week of August 1 avg 4.57

Sunday: 7
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,876 Member
    Options
    Not today. First pass day. High carb and calorie leftovers. :/
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @crusherbrickman - I was intermittent fasting for a while, but was also in ketosis during that whole period. It started on accident, I simply wasn't hungry after 2 or 3 in the afternoon and wouldn't eat until about 10 or 11am. Then it became a goal to do it regularly.

I eventually felt I needed more calories daily so I stopped. My body just felt like it needed more, even though I wasn't hungry.

I simply ate smaller meals spread out through the day to break IF. Keep in mind that I was in ketosis both before and after intermittent fasting so my experience may have been wildly easier/different than someone trying to stop IF when not in ketosis. There really is no gain by doing IF while on a keto diet, I was simply doing it because I didn't feel hungry and fell naturally into IF.

Just saying I understand that feeling of trying to cram calories down. Not sure if any extra info is helpful, but just in case, that's my IF experience.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,496 Member
    Options
    ~ ~ 8/8/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 120 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 15,800+ ........ 80 m Walking .... 40 m house cleaning ..

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    Tracking: :)
    Calories: :)
    Exercise: :):s

@bradkcrew I love reading your posts! They almost always make me chuckle! :lol: I was trying to determine what your exercise emoji meant.... my best guess is: "yes, but it was painful" ????
    Haha. Am I close!!?
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @victorious55 you're doing great this month on the "nut free" days!!! Whoop!! :)
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

Cholesterol tests: Normal to Optimal
    Off Avorstatin

Blood pressure: low normal
    Off lisinopril

Crohn’s in remission

Excellent blood glucose

Great kidney labs.

Form unhealthy to healthy.❤️

NICE!! You've done such an amazing job Maddie! You are such an inspiration! ❤️

Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer !
    I only post it to inspire. 😁

@MadisonMolly2017 I know you do.... it's great to see RESULTS like these follow someone that takes their health and weight loss and maintenance seriously. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    @victorious55 you're doing great this month on the "nut free" days!!! Whoop!! :)

Cholesterol tests: Normal to Optimal
    Off Avorstatin

Blood pressure: low normal
    Off lisinopril

Crohn’s in remission

Excellent blood glucose

Great kidney labs.

Form unhealthy to healthy.❤️

NICE!! You've done such an amazing job Maddie! You are such an inspiration! ❤️

Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer !
    I only post it to inspire. 😁

@MadisonMolly2017 I know you do.... it's great to see RESULTS like these follow someone that takes their health and weight loss and maintenance seriously. :)

Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer
    I know reading about folks who were maintaining (when I actually really thought it was impossible) really helped me recognize that maybe just maybe it WAS possible.

And it is! We have so many more tools at our disposal & supportive groups like ours. Makes all the difference!

❤️
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @victorious55 you are doing great with your "nuts free" days this month! Kudos to you! :)

@seilidhe it seems like you had a tough time last week. 🤗 {{HUGS}} 🤗 my friend. I just wanted to say that we've all been there, probably more times than we'd care to tell. Lol.. I hope you feel comfortable enough to post a comment or a question if you're having a rough time with something/anything in particular. You know we're all here for you my friend!! :love:

@idoliov what a great idea!!!! :)

Is anyone MFP friend with @alligatorob ?? He hasn't been around yet this month. :(
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking for exercise and the walking the dog at the park

Good discussion as vacation/travel is always a challenge for me. I did not gain weight on my most recent vacation which is a step in the right direction for me. I remember coming across someone saying to eat two healthy meals and allow yourself a splurge on the third meal (within a day). I thought this sounded pretty good to me and I more or less kept with that. And I stayed pretty active. In regard to restaurant meals, my husband and I are pretty good at splitting meals. And we only seem to eat out when traveling. We allow ourselves to order what appeals to us (appetizer, salad, soup, entree) but split it. This works well. We feel spoiled without being completely stuffed. My other area of weakness would be when I return home. I don't know why but I almost seem to crave more junk food at home then I do traveling. I allow myself three transition days to getting back on track. I have learned to work with this and scale down over the three day period.

@znaoiec this is good stuff as well! Thanks for sharing your tips and ideas! :)
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Aug 8

Exercise: 98 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days: 1