August 5

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman

The approach for this reply was stolen from "A Guide To Formatting Your Posts" which was started by a since long-gone MFP nerd for whom we appreciate their dedication to the cause of coding...

A GUIDE TO SPOILERS IN YOUR POST

NOTE: Replace the curly brackets ie: { } with square brackets [ ]

To create spoilers use {spoiler}Peek-a-boo! 👻{/spoiler}
    Results in...
    Peek-a-boo! 👻
    3xyes
    short walk :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,151 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning your daily step count is mega inspiring! sitting over here MEGA impressed
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,151 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

I turned 60 a cpl months ago and have noticed this year that my body just isn't able to do some of the things that I used to do. As a massage therapist, I also see a lot of overweight, and/or older people that can hardly move because they've spent their whole lives being sedentary..... I feel like if I don't get this weight off once and for all, that I'm destined for a very rough time in my 60s and 70s and beyond.

My mom is one of those people you're describing - she has just turned 60 and her mobility took a massive dive. It's one of the incentives I have to get things in order for myself. Thanks for sharing your story.

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 8/5/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 155 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 23,100+ ........ 110 m Walking .... 45 m house cleaning ..

(personal goal... 110 min total daily during week and 80 min walking total daily on weekend)

Another Day on TRACK !!!

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,545 Member
    Options
    ✅☑️✔️
    Great topic
    Many know my Story/Methods…

I’ll tell it sometime again soon. But baby steps combined with a truly compelling Big Why. Walking 10K per day, tracked everything I have eaten since sept 2017.

Sept 1, 2021 will be my 3-year Maintenance anniversary and will mark 5 years 8 months on this journey.

It can be done. Really. AND I’m not hungry.

WOW
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,055 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    8/5

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,018 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    ✅☑️✔️
    Great topic
    Many know my Story/Methods…

I’ll tell it sometime again soon. But baby steps combined with a truly compelling Big Why. Walking 10K per day, tracked everything I have eaten since sept 2017.

Sept 1, 2021 will be my 3-year Maintenance anniversary and will mark 5 years 8 months on this journey.

It can be done. Really. AND I’m not hungry.

WOW

Thank you @bradkcrew !!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    August 5, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, and I have increased freggies!

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (3 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.) I am still learning a lot about myself in this area!

Lots of freggies today!

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

BTW, I have been in maintenance since 2010.

I have come to accept the fact that this is my life style. That I will always need to be accountable to the UAC 3 simple rules. (These rules are applicable to my finances if I want to stay out of debt and build resources!)

I like the way I feel and I want to keep it that way especially as I grow older and see people my age struggling with weight.

I want to also give the gift of consistency and discipline to my children. Consistency and discipline is work. Living healthy is work I am ready and willing to enjoy doing :)
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Pass day #1
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yes yes and yes.
    Wow u guys blow me away with your weight loss and health journeys. Thanks for sharing. Since the age of 15 i hve always been 10 kgs over weight. I lost 23kg since the birth of my bub 15mths ago and am 400grams away from my goal weight atm. I hve a history of restricting then over eating and turned to food for comfort my whole life! I worked out from my early 20's till now and yep im living proof that u cant outrun ur fork. Lol! Learning how to eat in moderation has been my proudest health accomplishment. My sister sent me a pic of her banging body the other day from taking these diet cookies now the old Donna would of got sucked into it as a quick fix and i must admit for a second i was tempted. Lol. But i thought no u hve come so far just stay patient and determined and u will get there. So guys just like u all im taking the long but rewarding road!!! Xox

You are amazing! I’m so proud of you for staying the course.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Yes yes and yes.
    Wow u guys blow me away with your weight loss and health journeys. Thanks for sharing. Since the age of 15 i hve always been 10 kgs over weight. I lost 23kg since the birth of my bub 15mths ago and am 400grams away from my goal weight atm. I hve a history of restricting then over eating and turned to food for comfort my whole life! I worked out from my early 20's till now and yep im living proof that u cant outrun ur fork. Lol! Learning how to eat in moderation has been my proudest health accomplishment. My sister sent me a pic of her banging body the other day from taking these diet cookies now the old Donna would of got sucked into it as a quick fix and i must admit for a second i was tempted. Lol. But i thought no u hve come so far just stay patient and determined and u will get there. So guys just like u all im taking the long but rewarding road!!! Xox

I'm going to go out on a limb here 😜 and say that the whole idea of "diet cookies" 🍪 sounds like a short term gimmick. 🤷‍♂️

Kudos for sticking with the smart health and financial plans!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,824 Member
    Options
    Yes yes and yes.
    My sister sent me a pic of her banging body the other day from taking these diet cookies now the old Donna would of got sucked into it as a quick fix and i must admit for a second i was tempted. Lol. But i thought no u hve come so far just stay patient and determined and u will get there. So guys just like u all im taking the long but rewarding road!!! Xox

I am SO SO proud of you. I had a friend locally that I finally convinced to come here and start counting calories but she got sucked into the quick fixes by another friend and quit MFP. That was 2 years ago. She walks and is quite active but she also eats a lot and drinks quite a bit - loves to go out and she hasn't really made any progress. sigh. It's sad. In 2 years when you are at your goal Donna and have maintained your sister will still be going up and down.

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,240 Member
    Options
    AUGUST 5

Exercised: Yes - Hiking - Day 4 of our BC trip!
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    This was a pass day for me.