Getting to know you: 21 questions

Options
mgood4x4
mgood4x4 Posts: 70 Member
edited July 2021 in Social Groups
So I thought I'd break the ice for this group and start a conversation that will hopefully allow us to get to know each other a little.... 21 questions (sort of), I'll start 😅

To participate, just copy and paste the following, then edit with your own answers. Enjoy!!

1. English or Western: Western

2. Breed(s) of horse: I own a Thoroughbred & an Arabian (but love all of them)

3. Mix grass or Alfalfa: Alfalfa 70% Orchard 30% mix + Alfalfa Pellets

4: Rider or just lover: BOTH

5: Horses, spoiled or not: No, but incredibly LOVED (I won't tolerate spoiled milk, dogs, or horses)

6: Spouse ride: No

7: Trail or show: Trail

8: Mares, geldings or studs: 2 geldings

9: Colors: 1 Dark Bay, 1 Chestnut, (black & white paint is my favorite horse color)

10: Height: 16*1, 13*3

11: Shod or barefoot: Barefoot

12: Bumper hitch or 5th wheel: Bumper

13: Longest trail ride: 13.5 miles

14: Sweet feed or not: No

15: Treats: Apple treats (very few and far between)

16: Strange habits: TB pees just outside of run-in before every meal, Arab drags hind feet at walk but moves beautifully at trot and canter.

17: Bit or bitless: Snaffle for trails - bareback pad & halter at home

18: Tack color: Black & Purple, Black & Hurricane Blue

19: Favorite horse movie: Hidalgo

20: Ever been hurt: Only 1 nasty bruise in 13 years (knock on wood!)

21: If you've been hurt, do you still love them: Absolutely!

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    1. English or Western: English currently, but I like both

2. Breed(s) of horse: I own an Arabian at the moment, but love them all

3. Mix grass or Alfalfa: Coastal right now

5: Horses, spoiled or not: Probably. She's had some issues and I always try to rule out physical causes before I assume behavioral, so I suspect I've let her get away with more than I should just because I am so afraid of being cruel.

6: Spouse ride: Boyfriend used to ride and might again in the future, but not right now

7: Trail or show: Both. Mostly I just pleasure ride.

8: Mares, geldings or studs: Mare

9: Colors: Blood bay

10: Height: 14*3

11: Shod or barefoot: Shod. Oh, don't get me started on her fancy shoes... :D

12: Bumper hitch or 5th wheel: Don't have my own trailer anymore, but the last was a bumper hitch

13: Longest trail ride: No idea

15: Treats: Cookies. She's too smart, though. She evens know what they are when I say it in Spanish!

16: Strange habits: When I lead her, she likes to bump my arm with her nose. I've no idea why. She doesn't try to nip, just bumps with her nose.

17: Bit or bitless: D-ring snaffle

18: Tack color: Black

19: Favorite horse movie: The Black Stallion

20: Ever been hurt: Nothing serious, but I've taken a few tumbles. The worst one was when my mount tripped while rounding a corner at canter. We did a somersault!

21: If you've been hurt, do you still love them: Always. :smile:
  • mgood4x4
    Options
    That was wonderful - made me laugh about her "fancy shoes". Thanks for posting.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm not kidding - It's $200 to keep her feet in shape! She's got that Hi/Low condition where one hoof is far more upright than the other. Corrective shoeing has brought her a long way, but I still complain every time she pulls one. I mean, if I owned $200 shoes (and I certainly don't!), I'd be more careful about where I leave them! :lol:
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    1. English or Western: Western

2. Breed(s) of horse: Frisian / Morgan cross.. Always loved Morgans!

3. Mix grass or Alfalfa: mix

5: Horses, spoiled or not: Maybe, LOL

6: Spouse ride: once in every 10th blue moon

7: Trail or show: Trail

8: Mares, geldings or studs: Mare

9: Colors: Black

10: Height: 16.3 maybe taller, Dont' want to tape her.. I wanted around 15 h

12: Bumper hitch or 5th wheel: 5th wheel that is need of a lot of TLC it hasn't been used in years, currently tack room

13: Longest trail ride: 7 hrs

15: Treats: Reward.. my girl is a cookie slut. Hilarious what she will do for a cookie

16: Strange habits: when were walking the road, she sniffs the ground.. she actually drags her mustache in the dirt.

17: Bit or bitless: bit less, till we need it for refinement/ dressage

18: Tack color: Black or brown

19: Favorite horse movie: not sure, will need to think about it

20: Ever been hurt: yep, came off and broke my leg, spiral break also called boot break. took all summer to heal back in 09.. I have been riding since I was 12.. I have fallen many times. Doesn't matter how great of a rider you are, if you ride it is only a matter of time. Now that I am older there is a whole lot of ground play that transfer up into saddle. I no longer bounce, more like splat.. not pretty

21: If you've been hurt, do you still love them: Always! ! ! live n breath Horses

My dream horse Pasha.. this is pash begging for a cookie, LOL "look ma, I am on the tire, where is my cookie? "

fu40v72sz8fm.jpg

• mgood4x4
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful 😍

I'm not sure I've ever shared a pic of my boys on MFP... Better late than never 🤣

3vm3eyswp4rk.jpg

mf8uio5kif6m.jpg
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    What gorgeous horses you both have! <3 I will have to post a shot of my girl later, when I'm on my phone (I am currently using my work laptop).
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great photo, and love your muscles ! ! you can never share to many photos
  • diddly
    diddly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To participate, just copy and paste the following, then edit with your own answers. Enjoy!!

1. English or Western: English

2. Breed(s) of horse: Cob

3. Mix grass or Alfalfa: Grass, hay and chaff

5: Horses, spoiled or not: Yes

6: Spouse ride: Yes but just learning

7: Trail or show: dressage and in fields or arena

8: Mares, geldings or studs: 1 mare

9: Colors: black
    10: Height:15:3

12: Bumper hitch or 5th wheel:

13: Longest trail ride:

15: Treats: Apples, pears, bananas, carrots etc

16: Strange habits: I m waiting a right knee replacement. If she feels me take my right foot from the stirrup when we walk she stops and refuses to move

17: Bit or bitless: Snaffle

18: Tack color: Teal, purple

19: Favorite horse movie: Man from snowy river

20: Ever been hurt: Yes whiplash and back injuries

21: If you've been hurt, do you still love them: Absolutely!
  • mgood4x4
    Options
    Diddly,

Thanks for participating. I absolutely love to read about how people enjoy their horses. Hopefully, we will hear more from you & others in this group soon 😉

Until then, stay safe & enjoy your days.
    Mitsy
  • whitehallriding
    Options
    1. English or Western: English

1. English or Western: Both as well as I drive pretty extensively

2. Breed(s) of horse: I have a mixed herd but mostly pintos

3. Mix grass or Alfalfa: Grass

5: Horses, spoiled or not: Not to bad… they are well loved but not super pampered

6: Spouse ride: Yes and children as well

7: Trail or show: trail. Showed when I was younger but it’s not my “thing”

8: Mares, geldings or studs: mares and geldings. And one mini stud that is about to be gelded

9: Colors: my main mare is a gray paint. My favorite color is a bay with no white!

10: Height:15.2

12: Bumper hitch or 5th wheel: both

13: Longest trail ride: 130 miles over 7 days

15. Treats: mainly use the alfalfa cubs they get with their feed

16: Strange habits: My girl follows me EVERYWHERE that she can. I tease that I have a 1000 Lbs dog. She is also the princess and the pea. There is not a mean bone in her body but if her saddle and pad are not JUST right she bucks like a bronc (never with me on her) until I fix it. Then she is the angel I know… but very very particular about her saddle fit. So much so I’m the only one that saddles her because I know how she like it lol

17: Bit or bitless: Bitless bridle- did I mention she is sensitive? She rides best in a bitless bridle and responds like a dream to it

18: Tack color: We don’t have a specific color saddle is brown

19: Favorite horse movie: National velvet

20: Ever been hurt: Yes- all my major injuries have been horse related. Broken arm, broken hand, dislocated shoulder, broken ribs

21: If you've been hurt, do you still love them: Absolutely. Plus I have good stories to tell!

Hi all I’m new here looking for other horse people! ecxb73q619pd.jpeg
  • mgood4x4
    Options
    @whitehallriding - WoW! Thank you for sharing :smile:

Unfortunately, this group hasn't been very active. I believe this is because members do not get notified when there are new posts. I look forward to hearing more about your horse journey (include husband & children too :wink:)