Apple Watch and Apple Fitness +

Options
cindydownes
cindydownes Posts: 12 Member
Has anyone tried Apple Fitness + yet with their watch? I signed up and put it on my tv. The watch works great with it. I like the exercises, but there aren't enough for people like me (out of shape). They only have a few. I'm sure if I would do just the few, I would eventually move on to other ones, but I would like more chair exercises to begin with. I'm 71 years old and way out of shape. Any thoughts on your use of Apple Fitness +? Is it better when you get more in shape? Do you like the amount of exercises?

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just started trying the workouts, so I haven't sampled enough of them to decide what I think for sure. I do love how it works with the Apple Watch, though. I was surprised that the Fitness+ app wouldn't work on either of my Macs, so I did the first few with my iPhone, which wasn't ideal with such a small screen. Our TV is just old enough that it doesn't have the Apple TV app on it, so I bought an Apple TV device and did my first workout this morning that way. So much better than on the phone!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I have Apple Fitness. It’s… OK.
    I don’t mind the yoga.
    I hope one day they’ll have Tai Chi.

But I tried to do one that was supposed to be walking on a treadmill with decent music, and it was definitely not walking. If I were an absolute beginner that right there would have soured me on the entire idea.

I agree. More variety in fitness levels would be fantastic. Some workouts centered around chair exercise, and other disability friendly workouts would also be Fan-Kitten-Tastic.