Wednesday Cuppa Joe 7.28.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“We hold the key to lasting happiness in our own hands. For it is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” – Brene Brown

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Options
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooood morning, BBB!

I love flower shopping, Mary! How FUN! Any idea what she's going with? I have Dd29's bouquets all ready, and Dd21 wants to start stocking up for her wedding next June. (she's quite excited) I do need to work on some of the other decor for that first wedding still.

I'm glad you got that taken care of, Kelly. They must be a pretty big place to have not noticed an overcharge that large ... kinda fishy. Congrats on being back to your workshop, too! This has been a really powerful theme this month on joy.

I hope you can make San Antonio, Steph! I've been there twice now, and loved it both times. The historical boat tour on the Riverwalk is VERY cool.

Stay safe and cool, Sam!

You're such a great guy, Dennis ... always thinking of others. I'm really looking forward to September!

Was it taco yogurt, Lee?

What did they decide on your foot, Dave? I hope that whatever it is, it's fleeting.

Nothing out of the ordinary for me today. 4 workshops, lots of wonderful people, last night of taco bowls for dinner. I just need to say my prayers and then I'm all ready for the day.

• manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Yes! Lisa, very punny!

Lunch was yogurt was blueberry with fresh blueberries added. Good, but not taco good.

Had soft salmon tacos made with high fiber flax pitas last night. Left over pan seared salmon that I just pulled the skin off of and flaked into the pita cold. Added julienned (sp?) grilled zucchini and drizzled with a sriracha tartar sauce. It was indeed better than the yogurt.

What's the diagnosis on the foot, Dave?

Always pays to check the invoice, even if you catch little things. Glad it was a significant savings this time.

BBB OP ;-)

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Long morning ahead (HOA meetings); work meetings; class tonight. Hoping for a quick hour in the pool later afternoon. HOT HOT HOT here.

SGM - how's da limb today?

Lisa - exciting! No rest for the weary! Vroooom vroooooom vroooooooom!!!

Cheers for a great BBB day.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Steph - I'm not far from SA. With Cecilia G-d to Brazil - assuming she gets her Covid test results in time - I can be coaxed to meet you guys.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Ron has coffee at the club house thus Morning then we are going to the space center. Probably lunch out somewhere.

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

No diagnosis on foot, yet. My PCM is a nurse practitioner. I like her, but she is primarily a gate keeper for referral to specialty care. She sent me for x-rays of my foot and wrote a referral for podiatry. Now I wait for an appointment with them. It doesn't hurt much, now. So I am going to start walking with Rita, again.

The books heading for Goodwill are mostly history/archeology stuff and woodworking. There was one box full of James Clavell, Tom Clancy and W.E.B. Griffin novels. I still have another load to go. I did manage to reorganize the mess enough to get the car back in the garage. DW wants to store it all for next year's sale. LOL.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Neighbor that lives across the street passed away last night. Both his children are here; do not know what they are going to do; believe wife will be going to Ashville NC with daughter, she is not able to care for self.
    Continues HOT and HUMID, triple digits starting tomorrow but rain is over for a few days
    40 to 50 years ago DMIL could wear fitted clothes, she had a waist of 22" same as mine back then; today she has a belly on her yet she ordered fitted shirts size 14; last time we purchased clothes for her she needed a 18 and wonders why they do not fit. I know I do not want to get back down to a 22 waist but a 34 would be nice. Since clothes did not fit I told her they had to be returned timely, have not seen them or invoice where we can call for return label.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Glad to see Ron is partaking in ROMEO, even if it's just coffee ☕. Sorry to hear about your neighbor Sam. We have a President from California. Headed to Twilight Tattoo tonight at joint base Myer-Henderson.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Hi BBB

Lou, be coaxed. Steph and Ron are a great couple to meet irl! We should all zoom during the fall gtg! Those of us missing out could at least pop in to say hello!

Flowers shopping tonite and got 3 burgundy dahlias at noon from farmers market next town over. 3 for $2.... Theme is Blush roses, burgundy dahlias, succulents and maybe some seeded eucalyptus?

Then back here for crock pot chicken tacos

I'm bad, I haven't held a hoa mtg in too long. Fire me.

Have a good night BBB!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Sam - so sorry to hear about your neighbor.
  • Authenticity3
    Options
    That sounds SO pretty, Mary! Post pics, okay?
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Lisa, Can't post on fb though...not til after wedding. I will try to post here.