Saturday Cuppa Joe 7.31.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“We hold the key to lasting happiness in our own hands. For it is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” – Brene Brown

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    It's the last day of July - LIVE IT UP! Enjoy summer, because it's fleeting. Actually, live EVERY day, because they all are.

How was the pool social hour, Skip?
    Lee, you need a cape.
    I cut Jim's hair, too. And now I'm cutting our Dd21's fiance's, too. He decided this spring to have me do it ... and his is SUPER thick. It needs a trim about once a month.
    I hope Steph and Lou can do a meet-n-greet!
    Good luck with that bird bath diversion plan, Sam.
    Kelly, I'd have been there in a heartbeat to help you out yesterday! Seriously, I did SO much (let's see ... cleaned house, finished the laundry, brushed the dogs, trimmed the bushes, deadheaded the flowers, read a book for a couple hours, made my grands their jewelry to wear in next month's wedding, did the grocery shopping, had a video call with my bestie, planned the music for an outdoor service I'm leading next weekend ...) and I STILL had too much time on my hands.

And today might be similar. We're going to the farmers' market this morning - gotta load up on those Michigan blueberries while they're ripe! And I need to rehearse that music. But other than that, it's pretty much an open day. Maybe Jim and I can get the kayaks out for a bit.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I worked on a lather project for several days, and it was going well ... until I messed it up. Have to put that one aside for a while, until I figure out how to best fixe it.

Not a cat person, buy have enjoyed hosting Tchaikovsky, our DS's family cat, while they have been on a road trip. They'll pick him up tonight, I think. No hair balls, during the week he has been here.

DW wanted to go on a low-elevation hike, today, but it's going to be too warm for her. It's funny, but this guy with roots in Northern Europe, does better in heat than my lady from the Philippines.

Had our first strawberry shortcake of the year, last night. I bake the biscuit-style shortcake and serve it warm, with berries from our garden and freshly whipped cream. A favorite taste of summer, delayed a bit, this year, by heat waves and marauding squirrels.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning

All this talk. Here i sit waiting to get weekly hair and beard cut.

jh7fhilig1vh.jpeg

Spectacular evening with neighbors. They have a wood fire pizza oven so we enjoyed awesome pizzas and my fave Cabernet.

Today off to WV for DSIL graduation party from grad school. Tonight best friends birthday party. Busy weekend.

Cheers
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect summer desert Dave.

What kind of jewelry did u make for ur littles Lisa? Whats the plan for her wedding?

I'm going paint a garden rock this morning for our lake neighbor friends 49th wedding anniversary. I have 2 dz. Roses for them too. They retired and moved to lake hood a year ago. Wonderful couple. They taught me to fish lol. Had a beautiful quiet boat ride with Tom last night. Water was still. Love those rides .

Whats Lou up to this weekend?

Enjoy your Saturday BBB
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Today would have been my parents 49th wedding anniversary.

Lou I've got your number. I'm sure we will get back to Texas. We mostly like the weather and there are lots if sits here with pools which we like.

On our drive to Arizona we plan to stop in Wimberley and fredricksburg for a early afternoon break. It will be a week from Monday so I assume you will be working but I'll send you the details when I know them.

Today we are meeting some online friends at a brewery. I met them through an early retirement Facebook group.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Ps. How on earth did you get a number to match your name. I don’t remember being able to pick. But then again I was probably 20 when I got this number.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I got my cell number when the area code was brand new, so phone numbers were abundant. This was back in 1996.i told the guy I wanted to get my name in the number and he found a new group they'd just opened with 927 that'd work.

Blanket fort!
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    That's FUNNY, Lou!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Home 🏡 Sweet Home.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Blankets are good for one going commando and pantless but I would be very hesitant to invite the guys over.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Lou you crack me up

And your brother in laws comment on fb...lol too funny... he's watching you ....