Captains Lounge - AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    @jugar Could @annliz23/WNM be excused this week? She is on holiday.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Hello amazing Captains!

@Beka3695 will be taking some time off as Moderator after many years of amazing service. Things are a bit crazy right now, and she'll be back! First, many thanks to such a great co-worker. Second - we need some help if anyone is interested!

There are two main aspects to being Moderator - seeing the whole F2F as one big family and keeping an eye on how things are going, what is working and what could be improved, and addressing any problems needing attention. Second are the weekly/monthly tasks. This involves decent skills at posting with good illustrations, inspiring and wholehearted energy for stuff like weekly results, challenges, etc. It also involves a fair grasp of spreadsheet stuff, but that is less crucial - as long as info can be copied and posted from there, all is good. Anyone feel like stepping up, even if temporarily? Specific tasks TBD.

Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Captains, please encourage your teams to participate in this week's challenge. :)
    WEEK TWO CHALLENGE IS UP! ZERO TO HERO

yfph5kl5x16b.jpg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Please move iradi8 to support until September. Life is very busy right now so she needs the rest of the month off. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar -

Please excuse dbrinkmeyer from her weigh-in this week. She is traveling for work.

And I'd be willing to temporarily lend a hand with some of the moderator duties. I consider myself highly proficient with Google Sheets at this point, and am very familiar with formatting posts on MFP. Just need to know if there were any specific tasks that need attention while Beka is away.
  • jugar
    Options
    And I'd be willing to temporarily lend a hand with some of the moderator duties. I consider myself highly proficient with Google Sheets at this point, and am very familiar with formatting posts on MFP. Just need to know if there were any specific tasks that need attention while Beka is away.

Thank you so much! I'll get in touch with you directly. :heart:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    @jugar Please excuse CycleMomof3/TrimStones from weigh in this week...at the last minute, they've gone out of town with her kids and won't be back for a few days. Thanks! Jessica
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Can you please move piqueaboo from Friday to Saturday? Also, she needs to be excused for next week. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I am super happy to make this announcement!
    x2uamkkv5wl7.png

The ever wonderful co-captain of Team WeightNoMore has accepted to be Fat2Fit's newest Moderator :smiley:
    Welcome Ashley @minstrelofsarcasm and thank you for your willingness to help out with the work that goes into building our community here and keeping the teams active and successful. As always, the Moderators are there to help all the members from every team whenever there is a problem, a suggestion for something new, a request for changes of any kind. Ashley is an excellent team captain, and will bring all kinds of skills to this new role. Congratulations!

I am also sending a huge amount of gratitude to @Beka3695 for her many years as Moderator. She mentored me when I moved up, and has been a supportive (and fun!) friend. Beka has decided to take a break and stick with her team and family during a busy time. Let's all wish her the best!
    lp17my8guveu.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both @minstrelofsarcasm and @Beka3695 for the effort!

And of course to you @jugar!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Captain, please encourage your team members to participate in this week's challenge.

WEEK THREE CHALLENGE MOVE MORE is up and ready for you! :)

jwa3imeay6n4.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch CasandraW/TrimStones from NWI to LWI. She just reported in. Thanks!
    Jess
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Can you please excuse Megan from weigh in this week as she hasn’t been feeling well? Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Can you move mswarrior7088 to support? Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Can you please move 888angie888 to support? She will have no access to a scale until after labour day. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar One of the TrimStones members was dropped in July due to several weeks of NWI in a row. Each time an NWI occurs, I contact them in PM, leave a posting for them in the chatroom, but this individual is very hard to reach and I never get responses. Last week, she posted a weigh in and again, I posted back and never got a response. Today there's another weigh in that was posted overnight. I've sent another message in PM and posted back in the chatroom with a reminder that she needs to re-register, but at this point, I don't think the Aug registration thread is still running (not sure), but it was when I last wrote to her. Here's the message I sent/posted. I'm not sure what else to do. I need your guidance please.

wilsonkellies -- I replied back to you when you last posted, but I never received a response. You were removed from TrimStones back in July because you had several weeks with no weigh ins in a row. In order to be added back, you will need to re-register. I'm not sure the registration page for August is still open now, although it was when I last responded to you. If it's not, you can re-register to begin again in September. I'm sorry if you failed to see my response.

Just to make sure you get this message, I'll send you a private message as well. Please respond back to one of the two so I know it was received. Great job on the loss. It looks like you're on track and doing well. I wish there was more that I could do, but I'm not sure what else to say...

Keep on with what you're doing and rejoin us as soon as possible!
  • jugar
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @jugar One of the TrimStones members was dropped in July due to several weeks of NWI in a row. Each time an NWI occurs, I contact them in PM, leave a posting for them in the chatroom, but this individual is very hard to reach and I never get responses. Last week, she posted a weigh in and again, I posted back and never got a response. Today there's another weigh in that was posted overnight. I've sent another message in PM and posted back in the chatroom with a reminder that she needs to re-register, but at this point, I don't think the Aug registration thread is still running (not sure), but it was when I last wrote to her. Here's the message I sent/posted. I'm not sure what else to do. I need your guidance please.

wilsonkellies -- I replied back to you when you last posted, but I never received a response. You were removed from TrimStones back in July because you had several weeks with no weigh ins in a row. In order to be added back, you will need to re-register. I'm not sure the registration page for August is still open now, although it was when I last responded to you. If it's not, you can re-register to begin again in September. I'm sorry if you failed to see my response.

Just to make sure you get this message, I'll send you a private message as well. Please respond back to one of the two so I know it was received. Great job on the loss. It looks like you're on track and doing well. I wish there was more that I could do, but I'm not sure what else to say...

Keep on with what you're doing and rejoin us as soon as possible!

I would be glad to put her back in right away if she is back to weighing in (last week and this week) - they don't necessarily have to go through the "official" registration if they get back in touch with the team. I don't mind more flexible ways for returning members to just start back up again, but it is great that you let them know they need to do some kind of confirmation. I'll go ahead and put her back on the team roster, and you can fill in whatever weigh-ins you have. I'll use the last weigh-in from July as starting weight, but that could be updated. Let's hope she sticks around and all is well! Does that work for you?

Let me know if you would like me to send her a message as well. It is great that she is sending in weigh-ins and doing well again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Can you please excuse rlaskey2 from the next 2 weigh ins? Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I need your guidance please.
    [/i]

I would be glad to put her back in right away if she is back to weighing in (last week and this week) - they don't necessarily have to go through the "official" registration if they get back in touch with the team. I don't mind more flexible ways for returning members to just start back up again, but it is great that you let them know they need to do some kind of confirmation. I'll go ahead and put her back on the team roster, and you can fill in whatever weigh-ins you have. I'll use the last weigh-in from July as starting weight, but that could be updated. Let's hope she sticks around and all is well! Does that work for you?

Let me know if you would like me to send her a message as well. It is great that she is sending in weigh-ins and doing well again.

++++++++++++++++

I think a personal note to her would be nice. I'll go back now and find the last two weights and post them...thanks! The only reason I hadn't offered to just have her added back is that this wasn't the first time...the first time, I did, but after this second time, I thought I should follow protocol.

Thanks,
    Jessica

• jugar
    Options
    I think a personal note to her would be nice. I'll go back now and find the last two weights and post them...thanks! The only reason I hadn't offered to just have her added back is that this wasn't the first time...the first time, I did, but after this second time, I thought I should follow protocol.

Thanks,
    Jessica

Yeah - I hear you on the protocol thing after someone disappears more than once. But it does no harm to have someone come and go. Sometimes it is all they can manage. I'll send a note and we'll see how it goes. I would not do this for someone who only just arrived and then left, but for someone who has been around for a while, it is worth the effort sometimes. I have one on my team who comes and goes a lot. I miss the days when they were really active, but that might come back sometime when things get better.

Any captain who has an on-again-off-again person - please feel free to request that they get added back in or whatever you think could help them, even if it is not strictly by the book. I know we love it when members are committed and making it all happen, but some effort is better than none. If it starts to have a negative impact on the team, we reconsider. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.