The Incredible Spice Men

Options
Anybody been watching The Incredible Spice Men?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03930tw/The_Incredible_Spice_Men_East_Sussex/

Bad bad show. Makes me hungry, and makes my mouth water. I want to make all the puddings and put lots of tasty spices in them. And then eat them.

:grumble:

Replies

• MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Not yet, thought I'd watch it when its repeated, I'm struggling watching Masterchef and Bake Off, those are enough temptation for now. & I make more currys in the winter, when prog' will give me ideas...
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    oh but it's not currys! They're cooking traditional British fare, but spicing it up a little, like last night they cooked cockles for a Welsh cockle picker - they traditionally have cockles cooked in vinegar for breakfast when they've been out picking them, so the guys cooked these cockles with Paprika and lime juice - Paprika is good with any shellfish and lime juice goes with paprika. The cockle picker was impressed! Last week they made bread and butter pudding with cardamom and oranges and they added lime and ginger to Dover sole, and some spices to traditional fish and chips. and last night they cooked British lamb with caraway seeds. Not a curry in sight!